Stadium Prints

maroonfive

Reaction score
I can't wait for these to become available. I already have a spot on the wall and the frame ready. I would think there would be one from opening night. Imagine all of the flashbulbs going off during the opening kickoff!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the two newspapers' plans

I have inside knowledge that one of the newspapers has planned some cool things both for the printed version and the online. I'm sure both major papers will be doing some cool things.

Speaking of frameable night views, here is one of Target Field from twinsballpark2010.com that took my breath away.

tf_night_small.jpg

For a larger version, click here.

Those would be great seats

That is quite a view from left field but the view from TCF is not that bad either.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have information on plans for prints that are actually going to be for sale? I sure hope that company from Eden Prairie that does Panoramas of major cities and stadiums can be involved. The company has panoramas of Camp Randall and Lambeau among many others. They are always at the State Fair and last year I asked if they had plans for the new stadium. The friendly sales rep. working had no idea.

No matter if it is a private company or the U or the newspapers making their pictures for sale, I just want be able to buy a nice big beautiful panoramic picture of opening night. Is that too much to ask?

PS: Target Field is going to be amazing.

Speaking of frameable night views, here is one of Target Field from twinsballpark2010.com that took my breath away.

tf_night_small.jpg

For a larger version, click here.

The only bummer regarding the skyline view at the Twins Stadium: The dominant building is that awful looking Multi Foods tower. Has to be one of the lamest pieces of architecture in the state.

The only bummer regarding the skyline view at the Twins Stadium: The dominant building is that awful looking Multi Foods tower. Has to be one of the lamest pieces of architecture in the state.

Well, if General Mills had stepped up and bought naming rights for Wheaties Field as some of us had hoped, maybe they could have shelled out a little more for the MF tower and redecorated it as the world's largest cereal box.

I used to work in the Multifoods tower and couldn't agree more. It's not called that anymore, btw. Multifoods hasn't been there for at least 10 years. It's just 33 South Sixth Street now.

I read an article in the Strib a few years ago about the guy who designed that thing. The critics ripped him so badly that he basically broke down and quit architecture. He said that the brief he was given was to design a functional office tower (which it is, btw). "If they wanted beautiful, they should have SAID beautiful!"

i used to work on the 17th floor of that building for many years, at least until we moved down the mall. the best thing was I DIDNT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT CUZ I WAS INSIDE IT!

Funny responses to the multi-foods tower (I know it isn't named that anymore but that is what I will always call it). Too bad they can't switch places with the Norwest (Wells Fargo) tower. It is quite ironic that the ugliest building manages to hide the view of the most beautiful building.

Does anyone have information on plans for prints that are actually going to be for sale? I sure hope that company from Eden Prairie that does Panoramas of major cities and stadiums can be involved. The company has panoramas of Camp Randall and Lambeau among many others. They are always at the State Fair and last year I asked if they had plans for the new stadium. The friendly sales rep. working had no idea.

No matter if it is a private company or the U or the newspapers making their pictures for sale, I just want be able to buy a nice big beautiful panoramic picture of opening night. Is that too much to ask?

PS: Target Field is going to be amazing.

I suggested the panoramic photo idea to Phil Esten when I toured TCF last fall. Here's hoping they listened! ;)

that view is still very cool. can't wait to sit outside under the lights from spring to fall in target field and tcf! well, more so for tcf but it gives me more of a reason to go to twins games. hopefully, the mosquitos aren't going to drain all my blood there!

Top Bottom