Stadium Parking

You won't be able to use your $500 donation for your 35 yardline seats and also use that towards a parking spot. You need to fork over another $1000 grand to get the parking spot. So 2 seats on the 35 will cost $500 per ticket + ticket price, then a $1000 bucks + the price of parking.

Actually that donation does count towards parking. If you look at the last brochure/booklet that was mailed out to season ticket holders, the parking section talks about what counts as donations for zones 1 and 2. Preferred seating donations is one of them. The only thing with them is that the donation has to be made in that calendar year...since you will be paying for your football tickets this year, that applies for parking this year.

Actually that donation does count towards parking. If you look at the last brochure/booklet that was mailed out to season ticket holders, the parking section talks about what counts as donations for zones 1 and 2. Preferred seating donations is one of them. The only thing with them is that the donation has to be made in that calendar year...since you will be paying for your football tickets this year, that applies for parking this year.

Correct. I've attached a screenshot of the info offer the Gopher Points site that explains this.

Attachments

• TCF_parking_areas-contributions.JPG
    TCF_parking_areas-contributions.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 6

First off, welcome to the board. Plenty of people post stupid stuff here all the time, so I wouldn't worry about coming across as such.

I don't believe you're wife's card will hold any sway on football game days. For a brief period of time, and maybe even now, the U entertained the idea of allowing some form of tailgating in the parking ramps that they own. This would come with the stipulation that people couldn't have grills inside the ramps, and I'm sure there'd be other regulations as well. Regardless if this idea is alive or dead, the fact that it was entertained at all shows that the U will be counting on the ramps filling up with plenty of cars (and revenue) for the school on game days.

Unless she parks in some special VIP area of the lot, in which case maybe it won't change.

I'm not an expert, I'm just portraying one in this thread.

This may be helpful...the latest U of M Brief/UMN News addressed tailgating policies it looks like. I will just paste the link.

http://www1.umn.edu/umnnews/Feature_Stories2/Game_days_on_campus_are_just_around_the_corner.html

This may be helpful...the latest U of M Brief/UMN News addressed tailgating policies it looks like. I will just paste the link.

http://www1.umn.edu/umnnews/Feature_Stories2/Game_days_on_campus_are_just_around_the_corner.html

Nice find! Not that I was worried but its nice to see the U officially affirm that it is supporting tailgating and allowing drinking. Now if only someone can get the "Final" word on what the City plans to do with tailgating in private lots and Oak St. :)

Top Bottom