Stadium Nickname

Swede

Reaction score
For those of you keeping score at home, very early in the ESPN broadcast Saturday, the tv crew referred to TCF as "The Gopher Hole." By and large, the press has otherwise been referring to TCF as "The Bank."

I hear "the Bank" more than anything else. But, I still refer to it as "the Brickhouse" and will do so until people can no longer figure out what I am talking about. So far, they seem to be catching my drift.

"The Brickhouse" is the official nickname for GopherHole posters. However, I like that ESPN referred to Gophers Stadium as "The Gopher Hole". That works for me.

I like "The Gopher Hole"

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

For those of you keeping score at home, very early in the ESPN broadcast Saturday, the tv crew referred to TCF as "The Gopher Hole." By and large, the press has otherwise been referring to TCF as "The Bank."

Since its so close to Williams - 'The Barn' - why don't you call it 'The Pasture'? ;)

I just call it "the stadium." Everyone I talk to seems to know its meaning without elaboration or questions.

There's the Barn, Mariucci and the Stadium.

Haha! I didn't hear that. I wonder if we could get some kid of naming rights to that...that would really help with raising money for the site - we wouldn't even need to have a donor drive! :clap:

Too bad Hormel didn't buy the naming rights, than it could be the Slaughterhouse. "The Bank" seems to be unavoidable, although the Gopher Hole does seem like a good alternative that we can promote.

I think "the Gopher Hole" might have sticking power, since the media big-boys seem to have latched onto it.

Good point. If people want a name(other than 'The Bank')to stick we might have to come together and support one name. 'The Gopher Hole' is the best I've heard so far.

Nickname

I Like "The Bank", short and to the point.

Does anyone remember the Nike shirts that were in the bookstore a few years ago that said "The Gopher Hole" on the front with a swoosh? If we wore those it might get the ball rolling a bit.

Top Bottom