stadium direction

Mick Turition

Piss 'On Wisconsin'
Reaction score
Are the end zones in the new stadium North/South or East/West? i.e. if you sat dead center in the end zone would you be looking North or West? (South or east?)

Basically - East and West

If it was true east west, there wouldn't be a sunny side

In the fall in Minnesota, there most definitely will be a sunny side of an east/west facing stadium.

The endzones are basically East-northeast and west-southwest. The stadium was designed to have the open end face toward campus and downtown.

Not exactly

If we were on the equator, you'd be right. But since we are far from it at about 45 latitude, the sun is lower in the sky, and in November will be nearing its lowest point in the sky of the year (December 21). There is a "sunny side" because the sun will be behind the home side and not straight above it.

On Sept. 1 the angle is about 50 degrees. On Oct 1 about 40, and Nov 1 about 30. So there will be some seats on the home side getting sun early, but by mid-B10 season they all should be in the shade.

Sunny Side Up!

Yep--I'll be sunny side up in section 117 looking in to that beautiful sun and not the ugly teflon dome......I can't wait!

Top Bottom