Spring Signing Day

Last year, most of the transfers weren't official until late April or May. I'd expect it to be even later this year with so many moving parts nationwide

The silence you hear is not encouraging.
This thread took off like a rocket!
I really whiffed on my prediction that we'd hear something right away on transfers for the upcoming season. I was basing my opinion on the early signing period for both basketball and football where we'd typically see a list of signees on the very first day of the period. Granted that the early signing period is much shorter than the current regular signing period, but I thought that at least our 4 commitments would make it official by signing their LOIs.

I really whiffed on my prediction that we'd hear something right away on transfers for the upcoming season. I was basing my opinion on the early signing period for both basketball and football where we'd typically see a list of signees on the very first day of the period. Granted that the early signing period is much shorter than the current regular signing period, but I thought that at least our 4 commitments would make it official by signing their LOIs.
I was also looking forward to someone, anyone, signing. Kept refreshing and nothing happened. It's early, will be interesting to see where BJ goes with this thing.

Can transfers actually sign a second letter of intent ? I was under the impression that an athlete could only do that once, and that transfers just accept a scholarship offer.

Can transfers actually sign a second letter of intent ? I was under the impression that an athlete could only do that once, and that transfers just accept a scholarship offer.
Thanks. I think you may be right. I tried to research this issue and saw no requirement for a transfer to sign a LOI. If a transfer athlete's commitment is non-binding, then at what point is he bound to his new school? - end of spring "signing" period on August 1, actual enrollment in school or...? As schools try to finalize their rosters for the upcoming season, I wonder if there will be a certain amount of poaching of committed players right up to the August 1 deadline.

Wild Scenario: Let's say Chet decides to pull a "Rick Rickert" and surprise everyone by signing with the Gophers. Since Chet has made it known that he doesn't prefer to play center, it would seem like an ideal situation for a true center to play alongside Chet - could we then try to get Liam to flip and renege on his commitment to Vanderbilt? A guy can dream, can't he?

Top Bottom