Spring Game Set For April 20th! (UPDATED: No Spring Game)

Wow. There really are people who are going to pretend to defend this farce.

It's just pathetic, to be the only P5 team in the country with no spring game. Jayzus

The coach probably wants to go into seclusion, as there's another "boating accident" scheduled.

looks like there are only 2 Saturdays listed as practice dates - March 23 at Huntington Bank (for Dinkytown Athletes members only) and April 13 at the indoor facility.

If they are doing a "Spring Practice" taping for BTN, I would guess that the April 13th date makes more sense. But, of course, if there are no fans in attendance, BTN could tape whenever it's convenient.

---
I did find a partial listing of B1G Spring Game dates: (no listing for MN, Wisc and Nwestern)
(not too sure how up-to-date the list was - had USC being shown on the Pac-12 network....)

Saturday, April 13
Ohio State 11am - no TV listed
Purdue 11am - BTN+
Penn State 1pm - no TV listed

Thursday, April 18
Indiana 7pm - no TV listed

Saturday, April 20
Michigan 11am - BTN
Illinois - 1pm - BTN
USC - 2pm
Iowa - time TBA
Michigan State - time TBA

Saturday, April 27
Maryland - 11am - BTN+
Nebraska 11am - no TV listed
Rutgers - 2pm - no TV listed
Oregon - 3pm - no TV listed
UCLA - 4pm - no TV listed

Friday, May 3
Washington - 8:30pm - no TV listed

Minnesota isn't the only P5 school that won't hold a traditional spring game.
I see you carefully inserted the word "traditional". Clearly on purpose.

Why not be forthcoming about why you did that?

I was not referring to any kind of "traditional" spring game.

It wasn't any such thing back in 2021 when we went to the last one held in TCF (and we actually brought diapers, unlike a lot of folks I recall seeing walking around).

Still had a great time and was looking forward to it next month, in probably 65degree sunny weather.

- in the stadium
- make it an actual event, with an announcement
- open to the public

Don't give a S if it's a "traditional" spring game, if it's a "modified" game, if it's a glorified scrimmage, even if it's just a practice with some full go 1O vs 1D periods.

The above criteria are what make it a legitimate spring football public event, and is all that is needed and asked for.

Canceling that is giving fans the middle finger.

I would not be surprised if every other Big Ten program has some kind of open spring event in their stadium, weather pending. That is the correct decision x17.

One program has to be different. :rolleyes:

I see you carefully inserted the word "traditional". Clearly on purpose.

Why not be forthcoming about why you did that?

I was not referring to any kind of "traditional" spring game.

It wasn't any such thing back in 2021 when we went to the last one held in TCF (and we actually brought diapers, unlike a lot of folks I recall seeing walking around).

Still had a great time and was looking forward to it next month, in probably 65degree sunny weather.

- in the stadium
- make it an actual event, with an announcement
- open to the public

Don't give a S if it's a "traditional" spring game, if it's a "modified" game, if it's a glorified scrimmage, even if it's just a practice with some full go 1O vs 1D periods.

The above criteria are what make it a legitimate spring football public event, and is all that is needed and asked for.

Canceling that is giving fans the middle finger.

I would not be surprised if every other Big Ten program has some kind of open spring event in their stadium, weather pending. That is the correct decision x17.

One program has to be different. :rolleyes:
You said spring game. As the writer, the burden is on you to convey your meaning to the reader. If you meant open practice or some other type of "legitimate spring football public event," then you should have said that. Now, as you try to save face, you claim to mean any form of public event in the stadium. You said it was pathetic "to be only P5 team in the country with no spring game." That isn't true. Auburn isn't having a spring game. Neither is North Carolina or BYU or Vanderbilt. Kansas State hasn't had one in years. Some schools, including Wisconsin and Northwestern, as of last week hadn't made any announcement, so there may well be more.

Now, as it seems that you often do when you have over reached, you are moving the goalposts. Here and in the parallel thread, you are skittering away from your sweeping comparison of the U to all of the P5 teams and are suddenly only concerned with other Big Ten teams. But not just Big Ten teams, only those who scheduled, and then cancelled, a "spring football event" that was open to the public. But even that isn't a fine enough parsing of the universe for you, so you only care if that "event" was cancelled before the first spring practice.

You don't like PJ and you don't like the decision. That's fine. But you don't need the hyperbole to make your opinions known and you don't need to try to mislead others on the board to make those points.

From an article on Wisconsin's spring schedule:

Due to the ongoing construction at Camp Randall Stadium, the Badgers will not be hosting their annual open spring practice to the public.

Instead, the Badgers will host a football fan event in the fall during training camp where fans will be invited for an open practice event. Details will be revealed later this summer.

Sure, it's for construction at Camp Randall. But to say that Minnesota is "only P5 team in the country with no spring game" is not totally true. I suspect they could hold a spring game at a different location if they really wanted to.

Sure, it's for construction at Camp Randall.
In other words, they would’ve had their regular spring event if not for the construction.

So pretending like it’s the same thing as our decision is completely dishonest.

In other words, they would’ve had their regular spring event if not for the construction.

So pretending like it’s the same thing as our decision is completely dishonest.
Is it as dishonest as you claiming that when you said "spring game" you meant "legitimate spring football public event?"

Sure .... but no spring game when it's going to be probably 70 degrees out and sunny?

How F'ing pathetic can you get?

Are we literally the only P5 team in the country that is not having one? What a joke

Counting on the weather for a date over a month away?...You're not from Minnesota, are you?

I'm excited about the Spring Game this year. I just hope the weather is good enough so they can play on the game field and not the indoor practice field. I'm really looking forward to see how the new comers (Transfers and Early Enrolled Freshman's) are coming alone.
Ok yeah. But how does this affect trumps approval rating ??

Top Bottom