Spread vs. Michigan

gopherswag

Reaction score
Maybe this is an OTB topic but.......thinking about putting down a large wager on our Gophers covering the spread of +12. Thoughts?? (line originally hit as high as +14 FWIW)

Sure. If you like to gamble.

This one could be a defensive battle if Morris is starting and I'd guess low scoring with the clock being run pretty heavily by us if we can move the ball slightly. I'd take the Gophers to cover 13 (current line) and the under (43 current) if you wanted to roll with them together since if we're going to cover, I'm guessing it'll have to be low scoring. I plan on betting that this weekend depending on where the line goes. Might also bet us straight depending on the odds I can get. We'll see.

I think with public perception of MI being a power, the public view of the 1-pass game, and our history vs MI that enough $ has rolled in on MI to shift the line from what an expert would generally think. This seems to be supported by the nearly 50/50 split I have seen by analysts picking the game. Bottom Line: I think taking the Gophers and the points is the only value bet in this game. Of course, I bet us vs TCU so take my opinion for what it is worth.

I have 13.5 as a current at Westgate Superbook.

If Gardner plays, I think Michigan covers. Our defense will play them tough for a while, but I think our offensive ineptitude will eventually wear out our defense and Gardner will make enough plays with his legs to put up 28-30 points. I mean 12 points seems like a lot and is definitely not a good 'value' bet, but I would feel pretty good (as good as you can considering a loss) if we lost by a final of 28-14.

I think with public perception of MI being a power, the public view of the 1-pass game, and our history vs MI that enough $ has rolled in on MI to shift the line from what an expert would generally think. This seems to be supported by the nearly 50/50 split I have seen by analysts picking the game. Bottom Line: I think taking the Gophers and the points is the only value bet in this game. Of course, I bet us vs TCU so take my opinion for what it is worth.

The value bet was taking Michigan when the original line was psoted.

Margin of victory for the past few years has been pretty large (29, 22,58). That's hard to overlook. Plus we've been historical bad against Michigan my entire lifetime.

Margin of victory for the past few years has been pretty large (29, 22,58). That's hard to overlook. Plus we've been historical bad against Michigan my entire lifetime.

My Gophers were at one time, 3 - 2 against Michigan in my lifetime. They have won only three times since!

Maybe this is an OTB topic but.......thinking about putting down a large wager on our Gophers covering the spread of +12. Thoughts?? (line originally hit as high as +14 FWIW)

Seems like great odds to take theGophers, but a lot of people felt the same way betting on the TCU game.

These are two teams of unequal strength, each playing below their ability. if each were playing well the line would likely be about the same. The question to ask is which team is most likely to pick up their play this week? A moderately skilled team playing against a more skilled team or vice versa. It seems to me that if only one of these two teams picks up their game this week it's most likely to be Michigan. Minnesota is therefore, in my mind, the sucker bet. Hope I'm wrong.

Kenny Chesney and Corso take Minnesota.
Kirk and Des take Mich.

Did anyone catch the sign referencing Sam and South Carolina? Yikes...

Did anyone catch the sign referencing Sam and South Carolina? Yikes...

I did. Was it visible the whole time or did it get taken away? I only saw the early part of Gameday.

god i wish i had gotten in on the gophers and the under. would've been huge dividends

The 16-point loss for Michigan is its largest at the hands of Minnesota since 1977 (16-0 in Minneapolis) and largest at home to the Golden Gophers since 1962 (17-0).

Top Bottom