Sports Illustrated: Surprise AQ BCS Threats

Thank you for the post, it's always nice to get national attention.

However...

We're a 4-0 who's not beaten anyone. Remember the Mason years? Let's win a few more before we take pride in recognition rather than hype.

There has been too much of this - on TV, too - and it is setting us up for a fall. We will be very lucky to get out of Kinnick with a win and even luckier to win our homecoming. I'd love to see us 7-0, but it will take near perfect football to achieve, especially with Madison included.

That article is really underestimating, Michigan and Michigan St. Almost like they are an afterthought. The B1G might be down, but they have losses to the likes of Alabama and Notre dame. Not really scrubs.

Thank you for the post, it's always nice to get national attention.

However...

We're a 4-0 who's not beaten anyone. Remember the Mason years? Let's win a few more before we take pride in recognition rather than hype.

+1

We haven't done anything to deserve national recognition yet. If we lose to Iowa this week there will be a remarkably different tone on this board and in the larger fanbase. 4-0 looks great now, but all the optimism and positive feelings about this team will go out the door with a loss to Iowa. We damn near have to win in Iowa City to accomplish bowl eligibility because frankly I can't see a game on the schedule we would be favored in the rest of the way if we lose (excluding the dumpster fire that is Illinois). We gotta temper expectations and stay realistic with our goals for the season, .500 ball and a bowl game would be a good step forward for this team.

Good article but I only consider non AQ teams as "BCS busters". The Gopher D can take this team a long ways. Carpe Diem!

+1

We haven't done anything to deserve national recognition yet. If we lose to Iowa this week there will be a remarkably different tone on this board and in the larger fanbase. 4-0 looks great now, but all the optimism and positive feelings about this team will go out the door with a loss to Iowa. We damn near have to win in Iowa City to accomplish bowl eligibility because frankly I can't see a game on the schedule we would be favored in the rest of the way if we lose (excluding the dumpster fire that is Illinois). We gotta temper expectations and stay realistic with our goals for the season, .500 ball and a bowl game would be a good step forward for this team.

Keep it real. Kill said baby steps and thats what we got with this 4-0 NC record. We will win some B10 games, and even maybe this weekend, but we are 4 to 5 years out from any real national attention. I see progress in what JK has done so far. Let him keep building, and don't get discouraged this year if we lose some games that we really shouldn't expect to win. That said - when we do win - PARTY!!!! Go Gophers!

Top Bottom