Sports Huddle starting up again

#2Gopher

Reaction score
According to Sharma:

“The Huddle” with Mike Max and Pete Najarian debuts next Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon on WCCO Radio. The show fills the time slot of “The Sports Huddle” show that hasn’t aired for about 18 months

Interesting. So 'CCO is going head-to-head with KFAN. KFAN has "Sunday Sermons" with Barriero from 9:00am to 11:00am, followed by Gaard with the "Cake Show." But - if there's a Noon Vikings game, Sermons is from 9:00 to 10:00 and the Vikings' pre-game show starts at 10:00am.

I might give the new version of the Huddle a try, just because I refuse to listen to the Vikes' pre-game show, which amounts to 2 hours of drooling all over the Vikings

I'm on board with this. I am not the biggest fan of Max. I do like Najarian. Should have added a third person.

Interesting. So 'CCO is going head-to-head with KFAN. KFAN has "Sunday Sermons" with Barriero from 9:00am to 11:00am, followed by Gaard with the "Cake Show." But - if there's a Noon Vikings game, Sermons is from 9:00 to 10:00 and the Vikings' pre-game show starts at 10:00am.

I might give the new version of the Huddle a try, just because I refuse to listen to the Vikes' pre-game show, which amounts to 2 hours of drooling all over the Vikings
Would be great Son if you could do this through the season when you're available. I wouldn't expect anyone to do this year around.

Son, please tell us you will once give us your excellent analysis!

Reactions: Go4

I'm on board with this. I am not the biggest fan of Max. I do like Najarian. Should have added a third person.
Likewise -- though I am curious what his going to do with his position in Jason Stahl's creation

How do you know it wasn't his other kid named, True.

By the way, put his two kids names together, and it's very disappointing. Come on, Darrell.

Darrell has four kids. Not two. Not sure what you're getting at.

How do you know it wasn't his other kid named, True.

By the way, put his two kids names together, and it's very disappointing. Come on, Darrell.
Obviously, it was a joke; not a very witty or funny one granted, so I will endeavor to improve My Best.

Race's recruitment was a big deal on here, whereas True was a walk on - that's the bit.

If you don't remember the Race Thompson recruitment saga then maybe you are an actual new Holer and not someone like CRG or Barn Burner using a faux account.

Say hi to your Mom for me.

OK, well, on another subject maybe Pete will offer some investing tips on the show. He will definitely spice things up. I love watching him on CNBC.

Oh, good.

Hopefully they have lots of interviews with Twins President, Dave St. Peter.
Dave will wax poetic about how the next time in the playoffs, the Twins aren't taking any prisoners, and how the teams mindset is different this year, and how they feel like they are the 800 pound gorillas ready to knock out anyone who comes in their path!

Then on the next interview when Dave St. Peter joins after a quick 3 game elimination the following spring, Dave St. Peter will inform us how we need to rush to buy season tickets to get priority seating and to take advantage of the new state fair foods offered at Target Field for twice the price they can be found outside your nearest Menards Parkinglot.

Oh, good.

Dave will wax poetic about how the next time in the playoffs, the Twins aren't taking any prisoners, and how the teams mindset is different this year, and how they feel like they are the 800 pound gorillas ready to knock out anyone who comes in their path!

Then on the next interview when Dave St. Peter joins after a quick 3 game elimination the following spring, Dave St. Peter will inform us how we need to rush to buy season tickets to get priority seating and to take advantage of the new state fair foods offered at Target Field for twice the price they can be found outside your nearest Menards Parkinglot.
...Dave St. Peter will also be talking about plans for a college football matchup at Target Field featuring one of the North Dakota schools vs. another college you vaguely recall.

...Dave St. Peter will also be talking about plans for a college football matchup at Target Field featuring one of the North Dakota schools vs. another college you vaguely recall.
Yes.
His alma matter is NDSU, so we'll get to hear that.

Never lived in a city that celebrates the non-local regional teams as much as the Twin Cities.

Surprised KFAN doesn't have an NDSU football show on Saturday mornings for a half hour before Gopher kickoff.

Would be great Son if you could do this through the season when you're available. I wouldn't expect anyone to do this year around.

the unanswered question is whether Fleck will go back to doing a weekly bit on the "Huddle."

for newer members - quick history - when WCCO was the Gophers' flagship radio station, the 9:30-10am segment of the Sports Huddle was the 'official' Gopher Coaches' Radio segment. FB coach during FB season, men's BB coach during hoops season, Twins manager during the summer.

After the Gophers moved their radio network off WCCO, the Gopher FB coaches continued to do a weekly appearance on the Huddle - most likely in deference to Sid Hartman's status as the elder statesman of the sports scene. But the "official" Gopher Coaches radio show is run through the radio network.

So, without Sid in the picture, I really don't think Fleck is going to do a weekly bit on the New Sports Huddle- especially when the Gophers flagship radio station is KFAN.

Oh, good.

Mike Sanford>Dave St. Peter

If it only took WCCO 18 months to replace the original Sports Huddle, does that mean they will replace Dave Lee in October 2022? 6 months down, 12 to go.

Top Bottom