Sports Huddle: Jerry Kill - 3/27/11

DL65

Reaction score
This morning's comments (synopsis):

1) About 250 fans at yesterday's practice. Kill was watching film and evaluating when the call to Kill was made.

2) Beal: He's a smart, strong player that moves well and is intelligent. We'll know more when the pads are put on (Tuesday).

3) Marqueis: Gifted and a good player . . . impressed with his learning curve.

4) Offense: Singled out Ed Olson; Marcus Jones (quickness).

5) Defense: Good to have Royston on the field, and Stoudemire and Keanon Cooper were mentioned. Hesitant to talk about individuals . . . hard to evaluate on only three days of practice. Defense in an aggressive mode.

6) Talked about players keeping their heads up and finishing. Eyes must be on the player being tackled and the ball. Can't hit (tackle) properly or catch the ball when they take their eyes off the target. Finishing is an attitude: Want practices fast paced (create chaos). Game is slowed down.

7) Carter is currently working on special teams and not practicing with the complete team. Hageman is learning how to play the game.

8) There are 5-6 tight ends and they'll work the the TE position in offense . . . shortage of wide receivers.

9) Spoke favorably of Juco TE John Raabe. He's been impressive and stood out.

10) A lot of high school coaches and recruits at yesterday's practice. Coach Kill sends thank you notes to all that attend the practice.

11) Mona said the kickers seemed to have strong legs.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks DL65

I am usually not able to listen to Jerry on the Sports Huddle so I really appreciate your reports. They are distinct, clear and very informative. Your only agenda is to report what was said which is a rare skill on this board.

Thanks for the report on the Sports Huddle DL65. Much appreciated.

Thanks again for recap. I seem to always get phone calls during the show.

I am usually not able to listen to Jerry on the Sports Huddle so I really appreciate your reports. They are distinct, clear and very informative. Your only agenda is to report what was said which is a rare skill on this board.

I agree 100% with this post.

Carter

<QUOTE>7) Carter is currently working on special teams and not practicing with the complete team. Hageman is learning how to play the game.<QUOTE>

Just to clarify - Carter is on Kill's "special" team - He doesn't practice - just works out as punishment for something. Kill wouldn't talk about it.

Important clarification on Carter. Kill's special team may be what brings Carter to achieve his full potential. I do not consider this bad news at all.

DL65, thanks for your reports. I missed this a.m. because I got to bed late, very late last night and didn't get up this morning until the crack of 11.

Important clarification on Carter. Kill's special team may be what brings Carter to achieve his full potential. I do not consider this bad news at all.

100%. Kill is weeding out all non-hackers. Carter is still here (he could have bailed like Edwards) & he's doing what he has to do in order to rejoin the team. I'm starting to think Carter might want to be here. All positives in my book.

Carter

This morning Kill said Carter will be OK - implied it was not a big deal. A couple of days ago when this cam out Kill referred to Carter as a good kid. I don't think their is a problem from Kill's point of view. Let's hope there isn't a problem from Carter's point of view. I think Carter can be very, very good/

Top Bottom