Special Teams Question

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
I'm watching Big Ten Network. One of the analysts said Wisconsin is playing better "in all three phases." I thought we have a pretty solid advantage in the kicking game. Our return game is solid and is due to break one for six.

How has Wisconsin's special teams played?

Gilreath might be the 2nd best return man in the Big Ten ... Stoudermire No. 1, and it's not close ... he should return every kick, no more of putting Hayo back there for 1 or 2 returns.

I agree - stick with Stoudamire

Putting Hayo back there for 1 or 2 kicks makes no sense to me. Kick returners need quantity to find their rhythym with the blockers. Give Stoudamire the next 5 in a row (hopefully that is over the course of 3 weeks). ;)

Gilreath might be the 2nd best return man in the Big Ten ... Stoudermire No. 1, and it's not close ... he should return every kick, no more of putting Hayo back there for 1 or 2 returns.

Not true any more. Gilreath isn't the same player he was a couple years ago. His offseason surgery has reduced his quickness.

Fischer from Indiana and Stonum from Michigan currently rank #1 & #2 in the Big Ten in avg per return and Stoudermire is #3 and the highest in the league without a KO return for TD.

Not true any more. Gilreath isn't the same player he was a couple years ago. His offseason surgery has reduced his quickness.

Fischer from Indiana and Stonum from Michigan currently rank #1 & #2 in the Big Ten in avg per return and Stoudermire is #3 and the highest in the league without a KO return for TD.

Too small a sample size this year..I'll take total body of work, Troy No. 1 by a landslide, and for now, Gilreath No. 2, but very valid point on the surgery.

Gilreath is better at KR then Punts. Like Grunk, the off season foot surgeries have really effected his speed and quickness. The coaches were worried and worked out others to return kicks and punts, but they are willing to sacrifice game breaking ability for Gilreath's reliability.

Top Bottom