Spann-Ford signs with the Cowboys.

The guy who runs the 247 site must be down today. For years he said this guy was a freak athlete who would be a very high draft pick.
It's always hard to project and Spann-Ford has an interesting set of physical tools that haven't translated consistently to this point. He had a down year in 2023 and that really hurt his chances in this year's draft.

His QB’s did him no favors, that being said, BSF is slow with concrete feet, has average hands and is an average blocker. Probably translates into a 7 year pro. Lol.

Crazy how far he fell.. after last year he was consider a top t.e. prospect... Athan didn't do him any favors

Last edited:

BSF made a very bad decision.
Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 1.52.09 AM.png
Had he left after last season (2022) with the right hype and a decent combine he would have gone in the first 3 rounds almost certainly. Bowers didn't come out so he would have been the 2nd highest graded TE at worst.

Last edited:

His QB’s did him no favors, that being said, BSF is slow with concrete feet, has average hands and is an average blocker. Probably translates into a 7 year pro. Lol.
Ran faster in the combine than I thought he would with a 4.77 40 time. He's not quick out of the gate with a 1.67 10 yard split, but has more than adequate top end speed for a TE.

It'll be interesting to see how he responds working out with an above average NFL QB like Prescott this off-season.

I’m very thankful BSF came back. He showed loyalty to his teammates and his love for Gopher football. He also got paid good money to be here and now he got to pick where he signed and is in a good situation!

BSF made a very bad decision.
View attachment 31233
Had he left after last season (2022) with the right hype and a decent combine he would have gone in the first 3 rounds almost certainly. Bowers didn't come out so he would have been the 2nd highest graded TE at worst.
He was never ranked high as far as NFL draft rankings last year. If he came out last he likely would have not been drafted. Plus he would have had poor combine results like he did this year.

Like everyone else said ... QB throwing missiles at him didn't help. Wonder if he is big enough to be a project and move to the offensive line. I know they switch players around in some positions but don't know if they do that with OL .

I think BSF is one of the best UDFA and I would have drafted him. Excited to see what he can do with a NFL QB and even if he’s limited in the pass game I think he can be coached up to a useful blocking TE or even a tackle if he’s willing to gain weight. He’s the most NFL athletic guy the recent Gopher teams have had.

Like everyone else said ... QB throwing missiles at him didn't help. Wonder if he is big enough to be a project and move to the offensive line. I know they switch players around in some positions but don't know if they do that with OL .
Unless the ball is off target or he’s like 5 yards from the QB, being thrown too hard shouldn’t be an excuse.

In the lineage of Ed "too tall" Jones, now the cowboys can lay claim to Brevyn "stone hands" Ford!

I never quite understood the hype about BSF and wish his trajectory here would have worked out better. That said, I hope he has an amazing NFL career and wish him the best. I've been wrong before!

Top Bottom