Spann -Ford and Nubin invited to NFL Combine.

Looking forward to BSF's productive successful NFL career. Remember, TEs make everyone better as they are the straw that stirs the drink. Odd the NFL's best QBs relies on TEs (Brady Mahomes) and college offenses do not. TEs create mismatches which are productive & fun to watch. Stu Voight mentality helps no team. TEs are becoming the Swiss Army Knives of football.

We all know the rules of the NFL clearly state that if a TE catches the ball he must be running at a 4.65 40 rate or lower when he crosses the endzone, or else it doesn’t count as a TD!
Hard to catch a pass and cross the end zone when you don't get drafted and sit on the practice squad 🤷

It's always hard to know. Spann-Ford has impressive size, but I was a little (but not a lot) surprised at his testing numbers. I thought they'd be a little better. He's probably still a Day 3 guy and a good pro day would likely cement that.

It feels like the Gophers could have 5-7 players at the Combine next year. Justin Walley, Daniel Jackson, Jah Joyner, Cody Lindenberg, Aireontae Ersery and maybe Max Brosmer and maybe Jalen Logan-Redding. Is that too optimistic?

It feels like the Gophers could have 5-7 players at the Combine next year. Justin Walley, Daniel Jackson, Jah Joyner, Cody Lindenberg, Aireontae Ersery and maybe Max Brosmer and maybe Jalen Logan-Redding. Is that too optimistic?
Any transfer besides Max Brosmer who will make us all forget AK's nightmare season?

They not only have to all play well but they have to win games too. Like all conference...you gotta be "really" good to get noticed on a bad team. BSF expected athletic freak status is an outlier.

BSF sabotaged his measurables with his play but I think he’s too athletically freaky for somebody not to think they can fix em.
Vikings drafted a receiver in the first round at #23 in 2016 who earned the nickname “Ricochet” trying to catch just one sometime.
He has played in the NFL for 8 years and teams still have not given up just because he is big and fast.
Treadwell??? Big and fast??? Huh??? Give me some of what you're smoking, please. Treadwell tested very poorly at the combine and pro day in almost everything, especially and particularly in the 40. He isn't big, either. He's a physical and willing blocker, and that's essentially the kindest thing one can say about him as an NFL player.

Further, I don't know if the "Ricochet" thing is a bit, but I follow the Vikings very closely and I have never once heard or read about him being referenced as such. Did you just make that up?

What a bizarre post.

Are these the only 2 that have a realistic chance of being drafted?

Anyone else or potential priority UDFAs?
I'll put up Brady Weeks as making an NFL roster. He's played in every kind of weather there is, and I believe is 100% on snaps, plus he was the top rated long snapper in the country when he was recruited.

Holy crap! Treadwell is still in the NFL? Good for him. I would never have imagined he'd still be around.

Treadwell??? Big and fast??? Huh??? Give me some of what you're smoking, please. Treadwell tested very poorly at the combine and pro day in almost everything, especially and particularly in the 40. He isn't big, either. He's a physical and willing blocker, and that's essentially the kindest thing one can say about him as an NFL player.

Further, I don't know if the "Ricochet" thing is a bit, but I follow the Vikings very closely and I have never once heard or read about him being referenced as such. Did you just make that up?

What a bizarre post.
Dpo ... you are just a bit chafed so early in the morning that you didn't come up with the original fitting nickname.
I watch and follow the Vikings and Gophers fairly closely as well. I never seen a player get so much run and miss so many catchable balls as Treadwell. But BSF was trying to earn the honor this past season. Have you seen two guys with so much playing time drop so many passes?

There are more NFL receivers smaller than Treadwell's 6'2" 216 than there are bigger, I'm guessing.
And I agree, he is physical so he plays "bigger". Yes, there are a good number of taller receivers too but not a majority. That's what I was seeing.

Speed? 4.6 ain't slow either. Definitely guys faster but often shorter...not always. I'll stand by the perception Treadwell was considered big and fast in 2016. "Physical" characterization maybe enhanced that perception. They also felt he'd do better when he learned how to run routes so I think when they drafted him it was the big and fast and physical part that got him into round one?

I'll put up Brady Weeks as making an NFL roster. He's played in every kind of weather there is, and I believe is 100% on snaps, plus he was the top rated long snapper in the country when he was recruited.
Agreed that Weeks was phenomenal but there might not be a harder position to make it in the NFL in. Very little turnover in Long snappers once they are on a team.

Top Bottom