Spann -Ford and Nubin invited to NFL Combine.

Looking forward to watching them show scouts & the public what they can do. Both highly athletic, great size for their position, high football IQ, no character flaws, high motors with love for the game. Minnesota Values will be on display @ the combine. RTB "In PJ We Trust" Is your 40 time faster than Rich Eisen's?

Are these the only 2 that have a realistic chance of being drafted?

Anyone else or potential priority UDFAs?

Gophers are only 16 guys behind Michigan's 18 invitees to the combine.

Spann-Ford’s agent better get him in those catching drills at the combine because his film won’t do him any favors…
I expect BSF to be a combine super hero at lifting stuff and running for his size, but last year's tape as a receiver (and a few notable times as a blocker) was really ugly.

I expect BSF to be a combine super hero at lifting stuff and running for his size, but last year's tape as a receiver (and a few notable times as a blocker) was really ugly.
Can’t teach raw physique and frame.

Can teach blocking and catching technique. Can practice those. Can provide QB’s that throw catchable balls.

BSF will be drafted in the 4th or 5th round and will definately make a roster. He could be dynamic with the right QB/offense.

BSF is a natural athlete with good hands. I hope he gets the opportunity to show his potential at the next level.

I hope he does succeed but the projections of success/stardom in this thread are with Maroon colored glasses. He has limitations catching and blocking and while his frame is impressive, there are lots of guys out there who managed to produce with impressive frames.

And it is not as easy to teach some to catch and block as they say. And even if it was the NFL teams prefer to draft the guy that they don’t need to teach this to.

I don't think he will get drafted. I hope I'm wrong.
BSF sabotaged his measurables with his play but I think he’s too athletically freaky for somebody not to think they can fix em.
Vikings drafted a receiver in the first round at #23 in 2016 who earned the nickname “Ricochet” trying to catch just one sometime.
He has played in the NFL for 8 years and teams still have not given up just because he is big and fast.

Last edited:

And even if it was the NFL teams prefer to draft the guy that they don’t need to teach this to.
NFL teams take project guys every year. Might not necessarily be a draft pick, or maybe a late one, but they do it based on potential.

Every player drafted or recruited is based on potential. Players being cut, benched are based on performance. When will we have a non QB Heisman trophy winner & Super Bowl MVP?

He seemed to get too big, became an plodder and doesn’t catch well. One of the bigger disappointments for me (regarding a MN recruit) in terms of being a difference maker. Prove me wrong, BSF.

BSF sabotaged his measurables with his play but I think he’s too athletically freaky for somebody not to think they can fix em.
Vikings drafted a receiver in the first round 10-20 years ago who earned the nickname “Ricochet” trying to catch just one sometime.
He played in the NFL for a few years before teams gave up just because he was big and fast.
Yeah for whatever reason if you have the physical gifts, the NFL is very forgiving to TEs it seems.

But it wasn't just catching ... there were some "there was one guy to block, just one, he was right in front of you" whiffs that ... I did not understand.

Still I hope he gets his shot.

4.76 and 4.79 from BSF. Nubin didn't run.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Top Bottom