SP+ has Gophs 23rd

lol....yeah....it is your objective POV that is wearing on people.....thanks.....needed a chuckle this morning.
Put me on "ignore" if you don't like my opinions.

Two of this year's three toughest games remain on the schedule. We'll see where the Gophers end up and then one of us can declare victory and the other can admit they were wrong.

Still to be determined, imo.

I said it last week, and it's as correct this week - with regard to rankings.

We are Pitt. We are them.

They went to Tennessee and beat that middling P5 program, instead of having to play Ohio State at home. That's literally the difference. Both have some conference wins, both have a loss at home to a MAC team.

So just make that mental swap, in your mind, if it helps.

Two of this year's three toughest games remain on the schedule. We'll see where the Gophers end up and then one of us can declare victory and the other can admit they were wrong.

I love how you’ve phrased it as a victory for yourself if the gophers lose

Must be a sad life

Declare victory over what? If the Gophers win I win and if they lose you win? And what would I be admitting to be wrong about exactly?

You really gotta work on your troll game....you are all over the place. :)

I love how you’ve phrased it as a victory for yourself if the gophers lose

Must be a sad life
The victory comment is only in regards to the level to which the defense has played. My comments refer to the idea that, outside of tOSU, most of our opponents are not overly strong from an offensive standpoint. So we should all expect the stats to be pretty good.

And as an example in the Maryland game, once Maryland fell behind, you could pretty much not have to worry about defending the run game.

It's a credit to the entire team that the Gophs put the Terps in that position.

I'm not ripping on the defense, but I'm looking at the big picture in that the Gophs have not faced many high powered offensive teams. I'd expect the D stats to be getting better. I'm most interested to see the Illinois game. With a backup QB, the passing game will be nonexistent. Can Illinois replicate the PSU results where they had no passing game? Can the Gopher D stop the run game?

We won't be 8-1 entering the Iowa game like so many thought, but 7-2 is doable.

The victory comment is only in regards to the level to which the defense has played. My comments refer to the idea that, outside of tOSU, most of our opponents are not overly strong from an offensive standpoint. So we should all expect the stats to be pretty good.

And as an example in the Maryland game, once Maryland fell behind, you could pretty much not have to worry about defending the run game.

It's a credit to the entire team that the Gophs put the Terps in that position.

I'm not ripping on the defense, but I'm looking at the big picture in that the Gophs have not faced many high powered offensive teams. I'd expect the D stats to be getting better. I'm most interested to see the Illinois game. With a backup QB, the passing game will be nonexistent. Can Illinois replicate the PSU results where they had no passing game? Can the Gopher D stop the run game?

We won't be 8-1 entering the Iowa game like so many thought, but 7-2 is doable.
But not for the complete stumble with BG, 8-1 would be doable at this point. Are you disagreeing that Gophs never should have lost to BG?

Top Bottom