SOUND OFF: Post Game Thread: Gophers Crushed in 2nd Half Loss at Penn St

As Ron White says you can’t fix stupid and PJ is kinda dumb but he’s our dumb guy for the foreseeable future so maybe this is what we got to look forward to.

Passing grades to Kaliakmanis, Spann-Ford, Mo....early defensive effort was good, but PSU adjusted. Couldn't have been a tougher atmosphere for a QB to have his first start. I liked what I saw out of #8.

Can't wait to play Buttgers next week, a team we can actually beat

I'm depressed as hell.

This defense sucks, which I thought would be good to great, and is going to suck heading into next year.

Our offense next year will still have no receivers, along with no MO, and no center who is an all American.

I'm pissed off, because we are the gophers and in danger of becoming a laughing stock yet again.

I'm also pissed, because we will go back to Morgan, which is worthless and totally pointless.

If someone would like to blow some sunshine up my ass, it ain't going to work.

By the way, I hope no receiver recruits are actually watching this shit.

Time to reset expectations for the third time this month. Yuck.

Well, it will be very interesting to see what happens the rest of the season.

How does the team respond?

do the coaches make changes in schemes?

do the coaches make changes in personnel?

or do they just keep doing the same stuff with the same people and expect a different result?

even with everything that's going on, this team should be able to win at least 7 games. the last two games of the regular season will determine whether this winds up as a hugely disappointing season, or an acceptable season.

I’m sad to say that the Gophers will not win another game this year. I’m a curse and bad luck. 😣😔😢😭 Like I said in the game forum, this is the start of firing Fleck. He’s on the hot seat and will be fired sooner than later.

* Coaches tried to protect AK to start the game by only running the ball, but it actually hurt him. The whole stadium knew Mo was getting the ball every play. Slow start = bad for the Gophs in any game.
* Receivers sucked donkey balls once again when it counted.
* Defense started OK, but then totally fell apart in the 2nd half. Almost like they quit.
* Right side of the O-line has no idea what it's doing at times. Guys go completely unblocked at times.
* Gophs got absolutely no breaks from the refs and it hurt them badly by multiple scores when the game was still close.
* I like AK as a QB. He has promise.

Embarrassing.

We don’t have the receivers or a d line to come near competing in a terrible division.

I can’t say I’ve been this down on Gopher football for quite a while (probably towards the end of the Kill era). Three straight weeks of playing poorly is inexcusable. I don’t expect them to win every game. But this far into the PJ era should yield a consistent team that is no longer being manhandled by other teams. I thought we were done getting embarrassed in front of national TV audiences. As a life long Gopher fan, my expectations are somewhat low. But dang, this has been a pretty atrocious string of games.

PJ’s recruiting hasn’t been good enough to mask his overly conservative game plans, and now the chickens are coming home to roost. The stars were aligning for this to be THE year. And now it’s become this.

The O-Line offsides in the first quarter were brutal. Our guys are just jumpy and defenses know it...

The wheels have come off the season. Fleck has to get the boat turned around quickly and get some Ws versus Iowa and Wisconsin or the murmurs will start. Next year at least on the surface seems to be a rebuilding year and NIL and conference and division realignment will permanently alter the landscape. I really thought the stars would align this year. Very disappointed but life will go on.

Well, someone here mentioned after the Purdue game that we probably were headed for a 3 game losing streak. Turned out he was right. Most probably expected us to lose tonight (I know I did). I think this was a tough game: new QB, replacement at WR, tough atmosphere. I still think we win 3 more games and end up in a bowl where we play a mid-level ACC team which is about our speed.

but no one can take September away from us.

I’ll never forget the feeling of beating Michigan State like we did. But they turned out to be a bad team, so they did indeed take that away from me.

Top Bottom