Souhan's Cover

Swede

Reaction score
For those of you who profess your hatred for local the local scribes, I just watched the Souhan/Reusse bit on the Strib.com. Souhan: Tubby put out feelers, but I don't think anybody wants Tubby right now. Reusse: Tubby is antithesis of Brewster. Brewster too much enthusiasm, Tubby not enough.

After getting completely schooled by PJS at the DailyGopher, along with his pissing match with the Xavier coach, Souhan is a national joke. Reusse's fat.

New Gopherhole Media Policy

I propose a new media policy for posting locally-written hatred of the Gophers. Instead of posting links, post full text of pieces written by Souhan, Reusse, Myron, et al. Do not post links. Let's cut down on the number of clicks they get, which is how they justify their existence in this day and age.

I appreciate the OP's posting of the relevant information here for discussion purposes, as opposed to posting the link.

> Tubby put out feelers, but I don't think anybody wants Tubby right now.
Sorry - not buying what Souhan is selling one bit.

I propose a new media policy for posting locally-written hatred of the Gophers. Instead of posting links, post full text of pieces written by Souhan, Reusse, Myron, et al. Do not post links. Let's cut down on the number of clicks they get, which is how they justify their existence in this day and age.

I appreciate the OP's posting of the relevant information here for discussion purposes, as opposed to posting the link.

+1

I'm in

Souhan: Tubby put out feelers, but I don't think anybody wants Tubby right now.

Did he really say that? Wow if he did then I think the guy is losing it. He seems to be talking just to hear himself. His opinions lately seem so stupid. Reusse is negative a lot and says things to stir the pot but not too often does he say stupid stuff like Souhan has been saying lately.

Trade Mauer, The Xavier coach idiocy and now Nobody Wants Tubby Smith... It is just so stupid!!!!

For those of you who profess your hatred for local the local scribes, I just watched the Souhan/Reusse bit on the Strib.com. Souhan: Tubby put out feelers, but I don't think anybody wants Tubby right now. Reusse: Tubby is antithesis of Brewster. Brewster too much enthusiasm, Tubby not enough.

Sorry - I had to look at the car crash. The tone Souhan used for "Tubby put out feelers" sounded to me like. "Rumor is Tubby put out feelers. I don't have a clue whether he did or not."

They are just in over their heads. They are not capable of filling their columns / blogs / interviews with exciting accurate news. They can't say "I don't have a clue what is going on with Tubby" or "No change with Tubby". So they repeat rumors with their opinions added to distinguish what they say from the rest. They could have put this show together in 10 minutes. What are they doing with the rest of their time?

OK - no more looking at the car crash.

I propose a new media policy for posting locally-written hatred of the Gophers. Instead of posting links, post full text of pieces written by Souhan, Reusse, Myron, et al. Do not post links.

Great idea, let's kill GopherHole with massive copyright infringement.

(Yes, I know they do it on the Vikings fan board, but they're a bunch of uneducated rednecks).

Sorry - I had to look at the car crash. The tone Souhan used for "Tubby put out feelers" sounded to me like. "Rumor is Tubby put out feelers. I don't have a clue whether he did or not."

They are just in over their heads. They are not capable of filling their columns / blogs / interviews with exciting accurate news. They can't say "I don't have a clue what is going on with Tubby" or "No change with Tubby". So they repeat rumors with their opinions added to distinguish what they say from the rest. They could have put this show together in 10 minutes. What are they doing with the rest of their time?

I'm with ya. That is hilarious. Way to cover up Souhan. Nobody wants Tubby Smith eh? That's the lamest cover for a string of utter nonsense spewed by a columnist I've heard in a really long time.

Lame, lame, lame

Souhan's response and defense is very lame even by the exceedingly low standards of Twin Cities media.

I'm with ya. That is hilarious. Way to cover up Souhan. Nobody wants Tubby Smith eh? That's the lamest cover for a string of utter nonsense spewed by a columnist I've heard in a really long time.

Hands down winner of Preposterous Statement of the Year Award. Souhan has wrapped it up and we are only in April, there is no way this guy believes the BS he's spreading. So Souhan we are to believe that Tubby should be grateful that Minnesota lets him coach otherwise he would be on the street because nobody would hire him, that's what you believe passes as a good analysis. . . really?

I think Souhan is projecting a bit, as in Souhan is fortunate the Strib still pays him (actually we may need to confirm this) because no credible media outlet would want him.

Great idea, let's kill GopherHole with massive copyright infringement.

(Yes, I know they do it on the Vikings fan board, but they're a bunch of uneducated rednecks).

I don't know if that would be copyright infringement or not. I do know they put their stories into the public domain for free. Certainly relating their quotes, as opposed to the whole stories, like OP does here, would not be copyright infringement.

If Tubby leaves, maybe Mack becomes our next coach and he & Souhan can kiss and make up.

Both of them acted like a couple of 2-year-olds.

I don't know if that would be copyright infringement or not. I do know they put their stories into the public domain for free. Certainly relating their quotes, as opposed to the whole stories, like OP does here, would not be copyright infringement.

Hello, Mr. Fair Use Doctrine.

It allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship.

Seems that there might (just possibly) be some criticism involved.

Souhan just keeps digging the hole deeper on this. Yes, I'm sure Tubby 'wanted' Auburn and put out feelers and they said 'no thanks, we'll pass on you for the UTEP coach.' Right. Just come out, say you're sorry, you spent the whole winter covering the Vikings and the Olympics and you don't have a clue what's going on in college basketball or with the Gophers and you should have kept your mouth shut. Then go back to writing about the Twins, about whom you actually have a clue.

Souhan just keeps digging the hole deeper on this. Yes, I'm sure Tubby 'wanted' Auburn and put out feelers and they said 'no thanks, we'll pass on you for the UTEP coach.' Right. Just come out, say you're sorry, you spent the whole winter covering the Vikings and the Olympics and you don't have a clue what's going on in college basketball or with the Gophers and you should have kept your mouth shut. Then go back to writing about the Twins, about whom you actually have a clue.

I think you grasped the hilarity of the situation quite nicely. Well done!!!:clap:

Then go back to writing about the Twins, about whom you actually have a clue.

They should trade Mauer because it looks like they won't sign him? Um, he doesn't have a clue about the Twins either.

+1

You hit it dead on...Subscribers and hits to their on-line stories are exactly what they want/need. If your intent is to hurt them, you cannot be a patron.

The problem with the 24-hour news cycle is that there's just not 24 hours of news out there. As we've seen in the last couple weeks, they're not the only ones who have been making stuff up - trying to pass off educated speculation as news. It really hurts the profession. This goes way beyond letting the news-buyer beware. This goes into "don't believe anything you read anymore" territory.

Hello, Mr. Fair Use Doctrine.

It allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship.

Seems that there might (just possibly) be some criticism involved.

+1. Right on the money.

Top Bottom