Souhan: College football proving it can't out-macho the virus

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

College football features massive rosters and support staffs. The players live amid college students, meaning they are subject to not just crowds, but crowds of young people who may feel their demographic won’t be harmed by the virus. The players themselves are more likely than the average human to believe they are immune.

College football features egomaniac coaches, some of whom, like Clemson coaching neanderthal Dabo Swinney, seem to think you can out-macho the virus. “If you can tackle a dad-gum 250-pound running back, are you gonna let a little bug knock you out?” is what I hear every time Swinney speaks.

So am I surprised to see the Gophers-Badgers game canceled?

No, I’m surprised the Gophers have managed to get through five games.

Go Gophers!!

College football probably the hardest sport to get through in the current environment

I’d imagine college hockey and the nfl are the next two toughest

College football probably the hardest sport to get through in the current environment

I’d imagine college hockey and the nfl are the next two toughest
Basketball hands down if you only need one positive in the entire program of 40 plus people to shut everything down for 14 days.

Basketball hands down if you only need one positive in the entire program of 40 plus people to shut everything down for 14 days.
Yeah. But a 14 day shutdown and it’s only 3-4 games that can be rescheduled because you could play 7 games in a week if you really needed to.

Football with no makeup dates and 250 involved is a boondoggle

Top Bottom