Something About the Water in State College, PA?

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Another weird factoid from Penn State. Could happen anywhere with a large student population, I suppose, but Penn State seems to have more strange incidents than other places.

PA is a weird state.

Pittsburgh is a mix between rust belt and West Virginia. Philly is like a suburb of NY. The middle of it often referred to as Pennsyltucky.

I think this is under the "could happen anywhere" thing.

Not sure I'd expel them though... that's a rough situation to be in as an administrator.

Not sure I'd expel them though... that's a rough situation to be in as an administrator.
Care to elaborate on your thoughts?

Code of Conduct spells out the process. Clearly a violation.

There is always an idiot or two that would do something stupid like this. I wonder if this is do to her family, boyfriend or someone close.

I'd have a talk with her and she clearly believes in this sort of beliefs, then I'd give her the boot. If she has some remorse etc., Perhaps if she needs to do some community service, attend some sort of class to further educate her why this was bad particularly for people of the Jewish faith.

I think it's a dumb and ignorant photo for sure, but speech is taking one hell of (another) down round these days.

Those appear to be left facing..... they are not swastikas. Swastikas face to the right. They have a name that is similar but I don't remember what it is.

They are a buddihist symbol. I think it means "good luck."

I think they should use the Photos to teach everyone on the Penn State Campus to "stop and think, before freaking out. That way, we can save outrage for the outrageous things in life.

I think it's a dumb and ignorant photo for sure, but speech is taking one hell of (another) down round these days.

No one is saying she cant say it...but there are repercussions to doing so. It is no different than being fired for making racist statements.

Freedom of speech has never been absolute.

It is a Buddhist symbol, the left facing swastika is mostly used by Buddhists, but not unknown in other contexts. In Buddhism it is literally the symbol for Buddha. The right facing swastika is used in Hinduism, Jainism, and some sects of Buddhism. It's a common symbol in history.

I think the picture was reversed when it was taken. I see it every time I take a picture… Everything is reversed 180° I’ll bet about anything the symbols are actually swastikas that face to the right.

It is a Buddhist symbol, the left facing swastika is mostly used by Buddhists, but not unknown in other contexts. In Buddhism it is literally the symbol for Buddha. The right facing swastika is used in Hinduism, Jainism, and some sects of Buddhism. It's a common symbol in history.
I think the picture was reversed when it was taken. I see it every time I take a picture… Everything is reversed 180° I’ll bet about anything the symbols are actually swastikas that face to the right.
So Draw one and take a pic.... Nope, doesn't turn it around.

Your hopes for hate are dashed.

Top Bottom