Some new shirts to wear on Saturdays at the tailgate, home, wherever

emann

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For the past few weeks I've been finalizing some T-shirt designs that have Saturday football in mind and I wanted to see if anyone is interested in them. If not, that's cool, too, but I wanted to create some unique stuff for our tailgates.

Here's the first one, Floyd:
shirt-floyd.jpg

Get The Axe:
axe-close.jpg

More than a Jug:
jugpreview.jpg

and the last one, Saturday Silhouette (sorry for the size on this picture):
helmet-close.jpg

Anyway, let me know if you have suggestions, comments, you think they are awful/you love them.

If there is some interest in these, I'm planning on making some more designs in the future, but I'd love any suggestions you guys might have on future designs, etc. These shirts are not affiliated with any university, team, company, etc., other than myself.

These are really cool - and surprisingly, I don't think I've seen ones like that done for the rivalry games! I know we did Better Dead than Red and Who Hates Iowa ones many years ago, and they sold really fast. I think shirts like this would go well during those weeks, and are basic and simple enough to wear all year. Great job!

thanks! I have some plans for basketball ones, but I'll hold off on those until the season gets a bit closer. (Then again, ESPN already has a bracketology out for the 2012-13 season. The Gophers are an eight seed playing Notre Dame.)

loving that Floyd one! I'd wear that around campus every Saturday....and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...

The buck F***y shirts were the best. I love the predator shirt, might have to get one of those.

Big fan of the Floyd shirt and the Predator style shirt! I would definetly be interested in getting some! Great job!

I think you should go with the angry Goldy, that would sell.

I like that one, but it's a trademarked/copy written image.

Thanks for checking them out. As soon as some people order a few of a design, I'll get them ordered and shipped ASAP. Thanks again for the kind words. Floyd so far seems to be the most popular.

I like that one, but it's a trademarked/copy written image.

Thanks for checking them out. As soon as some people order a few of a design, I'll get them ordered and shipped ASAP. Thanks again for the kind words. Floyd so far seems to be the most popular.

Where's the Governors' Victory Bell t-shirt???? :p

Love the Floyd shirt.

Where's the Governors' Victory Bell t-shirt???? :p

The what now? I refuse to acknowledge that one as an actual "rivalry." :) Thanks for the kind words on the Floyd shirt.

To everyone else as a general question: If there is a shirt that you like, would you rather pick up a shirt at a spring practice or a tailgate or do you like ordering online? If you're ordering online, do you want to buy it closer to the season or does it not matter?

That would probably at least draw some page views.

I kind of wish they would have kept angry Goldy around. Looking at that design now looks so odd since the other one has been around for years. It looks like something fake that was drawn up by one of us.

Anyone know when the new jerseys might go on sale? I remember someone saying it would be closer to the season, but then I never heard anything more about it. I'm interested to get an up-close look at them.

That would probably at least draw some page views.

I kind of wish they would have kept angry Goldy around. Looking at that design now looks so odd since the other one has been around for years. It looks like something fake that was drawn up by one of us.

Anyone know when the new jerseys might go on sale? I remember someone saying it would be closer to the season, but then I never heard anything more about it. I'm interested to get an up-close look at them.

It would be fun if Angry goldy occasionally came out, for trophy games or something.

I saw a tweet, (I think it's in the New Uni's thread) that the new uniforms are hitting the stores the beginning of August.

BTW great shirts, I ordered 3!

To everyone else as a general question: If there is a shirt that you like, would you rather pick up a shirt at a spring practice or a tailgate or do you like ordering online? If you're ordering online, do you want to buy it closer to the season or does it not matter?

I'd buy online. Does not matter - I'd buy right now!

Are the edges of the images cleaned up on the actual shirt? No offense, but the Floyd one looks like a bad MS Paint in the example posted on your site and here. I think the concepts are rad, but the execution needs a little work.

Are the edges of the images cleaned up on the actual shirt?

YES - the sides are cleaned up on the actual shirt. The design is taken from Photoshop into Illustrator, where the lines are redrawn and created into a vector map and re-sized to ensure that no pixelation occurs. When the shirts are actually ordered and come in, I plan on uploading the actual images on the site. Keep in mind that I designed these shirts with the idea that I want to wear them.

Taken a simpler way: If they look like sh-t, I'll either fix the issue with the printer if possible or outright refund your money. If a shirt comes in that doesn't look as it should, I won't send them out.

Thanks for bringing that up -- I'll actually upload a better quality version of "Floyd," too.

Great idea - love the designs. If you have the option for a maroon design on a gold shirt and I'm in for a "The Jug" shirt.

Great idea - love the designs. If you have the option for a maroon design on a gold shirt and I'm in for a "The Jug" shirt.
At this point I only have the maroon shirts. The thinking was that Michigan fans wear yellow "Hail" shirts, which can kind of merge into the same thing. I wanted these to definitely proclaim the Maroon and Gold. (Iowa brought up a similar issue, with yellow/black.)

YES - the sides are cleaned up on the actual shirt. The design is taken from Photoshop into Illustrator, where the lines are redrawn and created into a vector map and re-sized to ensure that no pixelation occurs. When the shirts are actually ordered and come in, I plan on uploading the actual images on the site. Keep in mind that I designed these shirts with the idea that I want to wear them.

Taken a simpler way: If they look like sh-t, I'll either fix the issue with the printer if possible or outright refund your money. If a shirt comes in that doesn't look as it should, I won't send them out.

Thanks for bringing that up -- I'll actually upload a better quality version of "Floyd," too.
That's what I was thinking! Thanks!

At this point I only have the maroon shirts. The thinking was that Michigan fans wear yellow "Hail" shirts, which can kind of merge into the same thing. I wanted these to definitely proclaim the Maroon and Gold. (Iowa brought up a similar issue, with yellow/black.)

makes sense. i would go with a maroon shirt with gold lettering/image as well.

A few Iowa fans asked about a black and yellow shirt and to be honest, I'd bet I would sell more of them, but like I said before, I'd much rather try to really get these out to Gopher fans first before I go that route. That's not a slam on the Gophers fan base -- I obviously consider myself part of that -- but I'd argue that Iowa has a larger fanbase based on the idea that the state to our south really only has one game in town.

A few Iowa fans asked about a black and yellow shirt and to be honest, I'd bet I would sell more of them, but like I said before, I'd much rather try to really get these out to Gopher fans first before I go that route. That's not a slam on the Gophers fan base -- I obviously consider myself part of that -- but I'd argue that Iowa has a larger fanbase based on the idea that the state to our south really only has one game in town.

Shoulda told them that XXXLs take up too much material and are 5x more expensive.

I heard from a reliable source close to the situation that Iowa had a beauty contest to see which porker would pose for the Floyd imprint.

Top Bottom