So let me get this straight...

Reaction score
Around 75% of the fan base knows that Leach is far and away the best choice.

Leach wants to coach here.

WTF? Why can't Leach even get an interview? Why in the hell do we tolerate an administration whose priorities are not about putting a winning product on the field? My guess is that this comes down to the panty-waste pc, bs that permeates liberal academia these days. Rest assured…the reason we will not the best coach for the job all comes down to politics. THIS IS INSANE!!!

Around 75% of the fan base knows that Leach is far and away the best choice.
Unless you have the ability to see the future you don't know that Leach is the best choice. It's a subjective evaluation that will be validated by future results.
Leach wants to coach here.

WTF? Why can't Leach even get an interview? Why in the hell do we tolerate an administration whose priorities are not about putting a winning product on the field? My guess is that this comes down to the panty-waste pc, bs that permeates liberal academia these days. Rest assured…the reason we will not the best coach for the job all comes down to politics. THIS IS INSANE!!!
This hiring process is occurring totally behind closed doors. The motivations and rationales of Maturi and Bruininks are for all intents and purposes inscrutable. The assumption that this is "panty-waste pc, bs" [sic] is baseless and sounds like sour grapes because you're not getting your way.

Unless you have the ability to see the future you don't know that Leach is the best choice. It's a subjective evaluation that will be validated by future results.This hiring process is occurring totally behind closed doors. The motivations and rationales of Maturi and Bruininks are for all intents and purposes inscrutable. The assumption that this is "panty-waste pc, bs" [sic] is baseless and sounds like sour grapes because you're not getting your way.

By all objective standards, Leach IS the best choice...anybody with a brain knows it. Thus, there must be something else at play, which is really, really sad. My guess, which could be wrong, is the aforementioned panty-waste pc, bs is driving the process. But, then again, I am not usually wrong.

So anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have a brain and you are almost never wrong?

You don't sound primed for an actual discussion, Charles. :(

I'd say it's the old boys network more than political correctness. Fight back against one of ours and good look even getting an interview. Of course all it takes is one school to buck the trend and hire Leach but so far he doesn't appear to be getting interviews let alone the jobs themselves.

Unless you have the ability to see the future you don't know that Leach is the best choice. It's a subjective evaluation that will be validated by future results.

You can only base the hiring on the facts at hand. Whether Leach goes 12-0 or 0-12 here, he is the best choice based on what we know now. And that is all that matters.

I have a brain and Leach is not the best choice. He may be the best available, but we don't really know that either because there may be a top tier coach that won't be finished until this weekend. Once the choice is made, then we can compare him to Leach.

BTW, my maroon and gold glasses have me hoping Maturi really does have a top tier coach coming here. Unfortunately when I take them off and remember some of his coaching fiascos, I lose all hope that Maturi is that competent.

I hear you WA, but I have sort of given up on my maroon and gold colored glasses. I could tell because I never even consider Jim Harbaugh, Petersen, Patterson, Bellotti and I am stuck thinking that maybe i'm being overly optimistic by thinking we should get Jerry Kill or have an insane pipedream like Dan Mullen.

Top Bottom