So if you could have your pick...

Biff Tannen

Reaction score
of coaches what current head coaches would you pick? We might as well have a thread that is fun and not so depressing even if just a dream.

My top three would be Kirk Ferentz, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer.

I would pick Ferentz over the others because Saban and Meyer are basically classless jerks.

I know I should not be picking a coach of the Hawkeyes! Shoot me now!

of coaches what current head coaches would you pick? We might as well have a thread that is fun and not so depressing even if just a dream.

My top three would be Kirk Ferentz, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer.

I would pick Ferentz over the others because Saban and Meyer are basically classless jerks.

I know I should not be picking a coach of the Hawkeyes! Shoot me now!

Boom.

I would take either Ferentz or Northwestern's Fitz in a second.

Saban.

I'm 100% positive from my seat in Sunny Pasadena the thought of "I'm not even going to enjoy this game since our coach is a D-Bag" would not even come close to crossing my mind.

New concept

Tell you what, I'll start a new thread about who the new coach should be with what my choice would be, okay?

Actually, I think we should all start our own threads regarding our wishlist for the new coach.

Fitz is also a stud. Great call! Both do more with a lot less.

Fitzgerald does do a good job with less, being that the academic standards at NW are a recruiting hurdle.
The love for captain piglover confuses me though. How exactly does he do more with less, being that iowee's best seasons have come from highly ranked recruiting classes in their upperclassmen years? He's a solid x's and o's coach, but let's not pretend he's doing it without any talent or resources.

Don't perpetuate the myth that iowee football wins against all odds, they win because their university is very willing to spend big money on the program and a solid coaching staff. They are not a little engine that could program, they are a middle of the road Big Ten team that overspends to win.

Bob Nielson, UMD Bulldogs.

The more I read about what he's done at UMD (I grew up in Eau Claire, and was vaguely aware of the turnaround he produced at UWEC in the late 90's) the more I get on board going with this dude. Huge turnaround before the national title year, talk about maximizing talent. Just putting it out there if all coaches are on the table.

Mack Brown

Tony Dungy

... in that order

Nielsen from UMD, has performed at D2 with national championship. Sharp guy, also an AD so a good organizer. If we can't grab a high profile D1 guy then he should be our man. My guess, however, is that he is too wise to want the job

Dungy, JoePa -20 years, Saban.

As far as coaches that I feel are available, I'm on Nielsen's bandwagon, hard.

But I'd be happy with Leach, Mangino, and some other former D1 coaches that are currently unemployed/disgruntled.

Dungy .... Mark Richt, Jim Harbough, Chris Petersen. Richt is very interesting in light of the Georgia situation. He was born in Omaha and was a Husker fan. But first, I hope Brew pulls this thing out and gets at least 6 wins this year.

Top Bottom