So I guess Northwestern isn't the worst team in the Big Ten?

A few (1st downs) gives too much credit to how close it was…. We only needed 1 more. Burn 5 seconds. That’s the ball game.
Maybe if we run three or four plays to get the first. If we get it on first down you need another.

Maybe if we run three or four plays to get the first. If we get it on first down you need another.
I guess I’m confused. They tied the game with 2 seconds remaining. That play stareted with 7 secobds left. The play before started with 11 seconds. So if we get 1 more first down. Then we burn at least 11 seconds in the ensuing 4 dows, right?

Iowa and Nebraska need one more conference loss, they only have 2. The play each other so one of them will pick it up, hopefully the other one picks up a loss earlier. Also, we don't win if Northwestern wins out as they only have 3 conference losses at the moment. Gophs still need a little help to control their own destiny, but hopefully by the OSU game things will be clearer.
Northwestern and Iowa play this week so there ya go. Lots will be decided In The next 2 weeks. Purdue and Illinois can be effectively knocked out with losses this week.

If he beats Iowa he’s Big Ten Coach of the Year. Has an interim ever won it?
We all know it will go to Harbaugh or Day. The big ten will want nothing to do with giving it to anyone affiliated with NW

Honestly I haven't thought about the NW game much since we beat Iowa. I feel like that loss gave this team the drive they needed to finally get over the hump, and they may have not been as hungry for the win had they not choked that game away like they did. Because of that game this team has something to prove, which is not something I felt they had before the NW loss but they instead showed after the fact. The poise Fleck had been looking for from this team over the offseason needed a loss like that to show, and I think a lot of the improvement we've seen since that game has to do with that. Call it a cope but a part of me says if not for that loss we would have zero chance at winning the West, and instead with that loss in tow we still have a very good shot.

I guess I’m confused. They tied the game with 2 seconds remaining. That play stareted with 7 secobds left. The play before started with 11 seconds. So if we get 1 more first down. Then we burn at least 11 seconds in the ensuing 4 dows, right?
OK, looking at the last 11 seconds of the game you are correct. I am looking much earlier in the quarter when a couple of first downs would have negated any end game hysteria. There would not have been a third NW possession.

We all know it will go to Harbaugh or Day. The big ten will want nothing to do with giving it to anyone affiliated with NW
No doubt you are right. Harbaugh is a football coach. Nobody knows if Day is. Any of his assistants and maybe you and a bunch of guys here -- even including the effete Twisted Sisters Melon -- could win at OSU.

OK, looking at the last 11 seconds of the game you are correct. I am looking much earlier in the quarter when a couple of first downs would have negated any end game hysteria. There would not have been a third NW possession.
Totally agreed.

Top Bottom