Sioux's Jorgenson on future game vs Gophers: “It’s not completely off the table”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Jamestown Sun:

The Bison are not playing an FBS team in 2015, instead opting for a road game at Montana as part of a home-and-home contract with the Grizzlies. The Big Sky Conference power is coming to the Fargodome on Sept. 20.

So that leaves 2017 and beyond as the next possible years for an FBS game. The University of Minnesota would be the preferable site for all involved with the Bison program, especially the fans, but the Gophers don’t appear to be anxious to schedule NDSU.

“It’s not completely off the table,” Jorgenson said of the Gophers. “It’s hard to match up dates with them right now, but it’s not completely off the table.”

Minnesota has nonconference FBS games scheduled with Oregon State and Middle Tennessee State in 2017 and Oregon State in 2018. The only FCS games the Gophers have on their football website are Indiana State in 2016 and South Dakota State in 2019.

Certainly, there could be agreements with other programs, but they have yet to be released. Viverito said Western Illinois is back on the Gophers’ schedule after Minnesota originally dropped the Leathernecks in the wake of a Big Ten Conference movement to not play FCS teams.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/content/fbs-void-ndsu

Go Gophers!!

NDSU will probably want to schedule someone tougher than us in order to make the 4-team playoff.

The Ohio State Bobcats, Illinois State Illini, and North Carolina State Tarheels beg to differ.

As others have pointed out, the headline is misleading. The guy quoted is with NDSU - The Bison. And the "The Sioux" no longer exists - UND officially has no nickname. (although I think the "Ralph Englestad Nazi memorabilia collectors" has a nice ring to it...... )

Back to the main point - I would prefer that the Gophers do not play any FCS teams. it's a no-win situation. There are plenty of lower-level FBS teams that would be glad to lose the Gophs in return for a paycheck. Or - imagine this - they could actually play somebody good in a non-conference game.

As others have pointed out, the headline is misleading. The guy quoted is with NDSU - The Bison. And the "The Sioux" no longer exists - UND officially has no nickname. (although I think the "Ralph Englestad Nazi memorabilia collectors" has a nice ring to it...... ) Back to the main point - I would prefer that the Gophers do not play any FCS teams. it's a no-win situation. There are plenty of lower-level FBS teams that would be glad to lose the Gophs in return for a paycheck. Or - imagine this - they could actually play somebody good in a non-conference game.

I think it's supposed to be a joke.

Top Bottom