Single Game Tailgating

skyman31

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m going to be in Minnesota for the Iowa game, and was hoping to tailgate for it. As a recent grad, we never really “actually” tailgated, and mostly stuck to bars/houses, and I have no idea how getting a tailgate spot works. Is there a way to get single game tailgate spots? Is the ski-u-mah lot where you’d wanna be?

Guessing it’s gonna be pretty busy for the Iowa game, so not sure if this is even possible, but would appreciate any advice on tailgating!

(also, any recommendations on ticket location? Going to be weird not being in the student section)

Hi all. I’m going to be in Minnesota for the Iowa game, and was hoping to tailgate for it. As a recent grad, we never really “actually” tailgated, and mostly stuck to bars/houses, and I have no idea how getting a tailgate spot works. Is there a way to get single game tailgate spots? Is the ski-u-mah lot where you’d wanna be?

Guessing it’s gonna be pretty busy for the Iowa game, so not sure if this is even possible, but would appreciate any advice on tailgating!

(also, any recommendations on ticket location? Going to be weird not being in the student section)
For a November game I would sit on the warmer (visitor) side.

You can usually find people selling their passes on StubHub for tailgate lots, just make sure one you can tg in.

Iowa games will be expensive https://www.stubhub.com/parking-pas...nneapolis-tickets-11-19-2022/event/105149269/

Lot 37 currently going for 200.

I don't think you can still tailgate in Riverside flats, but that's another option that used to be available

St. Paul lot is cheap and available and usually fun. Convenient to take bus to the game. Usually sucks taking the bus back 🤷‍♂️

$200 for a tailgate spot isn’t bad if you have a crew for a 2:30 or night game. What you spend on the spot you save on drinks and food.

Minnesota really needs to figure out a public tailgate where they sell food and drinks. Oregon had one when I attended Nebraska @ Oregon before Gophers @ Oregon St.

My wife and I had some food, some beers, watched the earlier games on TVs they had, met some nice people. They were selling cans of craft beer for $6-$8. Food was cheaper than Stadium but profitable. Like $3 hot dogs and $5 burgers.

I know Minnesota is landlocked compared to others but man—it added to much to the experience. Tons of Nebraska and Oregon fans taking advantage of it. We talk about it every time we attend a game because it was so awesome.

Top Bottom