South Dakota state 1-0
USC 0-1
North Carolina 0-1
Bowling Green 0-1
North Dakota state 0-1
Texas tech 0-1
Missouri 0-1

Last edited:

Really weird to me how well we’ve had Purdue’s number.

I know Hazell was not a great coach and that contributed to it, but I don’t think Brohm was a bad coach.

I'm totally blanking here. We beat Michigan in 2014, what was the other win?

Really weird to me how well we’ve had Purdue’s number.

I know Hazell was not a great coach and that contributed to it, but I don’t think Brohm was a bad coach.
Brohm was not a bad coach, Hazell was absolutely awful. We did go 4-2 against Brohm. I know it's not popular to say these days, but we have a pretty good coach ourselves.

Losses to Michigan and THE Ohio State are expected.

There are a few bad losses in here (Bowling Green, New Mexico State), and some good ones (Auburn, 2-2 with Penn State). It looks pretty good generally.

The only real black mark is 5-19 against Iowa and Wisconsin. That’s pretty embarrassing—that number should be much closer to .500.

Losses to Michigan and THE Ohio State are expected.

There are a few bad losses in here (Bowling Green, New Mexico State), and some good ones (Auburn, 2-2 with Penn State). It looks pretty good generally.

The only real black mark is 5-19 against Iowa and Wisconsin. That’s pretty embarrassing—that number should be much closer to .500.
Especially considering that in the 2010s and 2020s, outside of 2015, Iowa hasn't been that much better than the Gophers. They've just had our number, though.

The thing that sticks out to me the most is that the gophers have played Miami OH, Syracuse, and New Mexico State the same number of times as Rutgers and Indiana.

2-2 against Penn State and probably should have been 3-1. Who’d have think it?

Especially considering that in the 2010s and 2020s, outside of 2015, Iowa hasn't been that much better than the Gophers. They've just had our number, though.
That depends on what you consider that much better I guess

That depends on what you consider that much better I guess
Well, 2012 they finished 4-8 and 2013 they had the same record as the Gophers at 8-5. In 2016 the Gophers went 9-4 and Iowa went 8-5, and again in 2022 they were fairly comparable.

Well, 2012 they finished 4-8 and 2013 they had the same record as the Gophers at 8-5. In 2016 the Gophers went 9-4 and Iowa went 8-5, and again in 2022 they were fairly comparable.
Fair. Since 2013 Iowa has 14 more B10 wins, a rose bowl, 3 outback bowls, a citrus bowl. Gophs have a Citrus and one outback. Iowa has finished ranked 2x as many times as MN in that timeframe. MN has finished ahead of Iowa twice in that timeframe, Iowa ahead of MN six times. Im not saying they are OSU or the 1987 Hurricanes, but they have been well above the Gophers over the past decade. I wish they were not.

Fair. Since 2013 Iowa has 14 more B10 wins, a rose bowl, 3 outback bowls, a citrus bowl. Gophs have a Citrus and one outback. Iowa has finished ranked 2x as many times as MN in that timeframe. MN has finished ahead of Iowa twice in that timeframe, Iowa ahead of MN six times. Im not saying they are OSU or the 1987 Hurricanes, but they have been well above the Gophers over the past decade. I wish they were not.

Comparing Minnesota to Iowa is like comparing Iowa to Wisconsin.

You can find some similar numbers but when it boils down to head to head and who finishes ahead of the other many more times than not you discover that there really isn't a comparison.

Top Bottom