Since 1994...

topos

Reaction score
No team has made the tourney with fewer than three wins away from home.

What a stupid year to not be able to win on the road. It makes no sense.

I see Indiana as a must win.

No team has made the tourney with fewer than three wins away from home.

What a stupid year to not be able to win on the road. It makes no sense.

I see Indiana as a must win.
If they don't win at either Indiana or PSU they have no shot. I don't expect them to beat Illinois at home.

If they don't win at either Indiana or PSU they have no shot. I don't expect them to beat Illinois at home.
Illinois needed OT to beat Nebraska on the road the other night, they are capable of some really bad performances. Nebraska just won at PSU today, I am not sure the Gophers winning that game does anything for their tournament resume.

Illinois needed OT to beat Nebraska on the road the other night, they are capable of some really bad performances. Nebraska just won at PSU today, I am not sure the Gophers winning that game does anything for their tournament resume.
It will help it, because for some unexplainable reason, PSU's NET ranking is 37 (pre-Nebraska loss). Also they simply need wins. They need to get to 9 B1G wins. 3 more. Northwestern is the only reasonably sure thing. They need 2 more from @IU, ILL, @PSU, Rutgers.

The Gophers should beat Northwestern, but there’s no way will I assume it. That’s exactly the kind of game they’ve spit up on in the past late in the season.

The best thing that can possibly happen to the Gophers is whatever it takes to get Pitino shitcanned immediately.

If making the tournament means Pitino keeps his job, then we should all be praying they don't make it.

There is no future with Pitino, only X more seasons of mediocrity at best and guaranteed national irrelevance.

That X needs to turn into a zero.

We may lose to illinois at home, but recently they have started out slow on road and have won those games late. Sooner or later that will bite them in ass. Winnable game for sure.

Would be fun to make the tourney without winning a road game at all. Let’s make some memories.

Reactions: ZPI

I think Minnesota has mad the tourney 10 times that are still recognized by the NCAA. Only Nebraska, Penn State and Northwestern have less appearances of big ten teams.

The Gophers have 14 tournament wins. The same number as LaSalle.

I think Minnesota has mad the tourney 10 times that are still recognized by the NCAA. Only Nebraska, Penn State and Northwestern have less appearances of big ten teams.

The Gophers have 14 tournament wins. The same number as LaSalle.

But LaSalle at least has a title (1954)

I could totally see the Gophers beating Illinois by double digits and losing all the rest of their games.

What would that do for their chances of making the tournament?

I could totally see the Gophers beating Illinois by double digits and losing all the rest of their games.

Losing 4/5 games would hurt their chances. I think that is pretty obvious

It would be a very interesting case...I think the committee would have their hands full with that decision. No team in the country outside of maybe the 1 and 2 seeds with better wins buuuuuut then theirs our conference record and 0-9 on the road. I think they'd be on the outside looking in, but I don't think they'd be outside by very far.

We may lose to illinois at home, but recently they have started out slow on road and have won those games late. Sooner or later that will bite them in ass. Winnable game for sure.

I'm going to be honest, I think the Illinois game is an almost guaranteed loss. They play great defense and this team has shown they cannot handle that. Don't plan on winning that one. Any of the rest are more than winnable though.

Zero if they lose at home to NW. If they beat Illinois and NW and lose the rest, 50/50.

Top Bottom