Signing Party

LloydChristmas

Section 135
Reaction score
How was the signing party?

Some of you may still be at a nearby bar, but I'd like to hear how it was.

I'm holding out until it's hosted at TCF, well that's my excuse for now (had to pickup the kids).

Good Time

The GLC did a good job with the event. This was my first signing day event (for any regime) and I plan on doing it again next year (and thereafter). I'm probably goingto join the GLC too after this.

There were probably 200+ in attendance...not a high energy affair by any means but still enjoyable.

Both Moses Alipate and Marquis Gray hosted tours of the weight and some other room. M. Gray is quite the athlete in person.

The food was fine...selection of cheeses and fruit, crackers, smoked salmon, pasta salad, and BBQ pork sandwich by Moes. Not tailgating fare but still fine with me. Brews, vino, and coolers were available too for the price of admission.

The silent auction and real auction items were similar as you'd see with any fundraiser...winter weekend at Craguns...prime seats at TCF for this seasons FB games...signed paraphernalia, Gopher baskets of goodies, etc.

The main event was led off by Darrell Thompson followed by Coach. He introduced the ENTIRE staff with their wives and then covered the recruits. Each kid's vital statistics were present along with some film. As probably noted in the press conference notes, he really stressed the size and reach of this class...we've got some tall kids coming in on both sides of the ball. Also stressed the QBs coming in...they looked good on film.

Finally, the Nagurski complex was fine too. I enjoyed seeing the Gophers' history both coming and going on the way in.

That's it for me. Well worth the $20 as a walk-in guest. We also know the Spring Game is on April 24th...no location but that much we know.

Go Gophers! Beat USC!

Top Bottom