Sid Hartman: A Q & A with new U President Eric Kaler

prexy's at the U of M need to be judged by actions...not mere words. Based upon my first experiences of reading interviews with prexy k, he sounds to me as though he gets caught up in talking the talk. In fact, I almost get the impression that he thinks he is pretty "slick..." As a result, he sometimes sounds a bit like a politician just spinning things. For instance, in his interview with Sid, at one point he states that the best way to predict how a coach will do is to study his past record.

Then, a few questions later, he indicates that he is not interested in looking at the past but rather wants to focus on the future.

I hope that prexy k proves to be an administrator who "walks the talk..." Time will tell. I won't automatically give him the benefit of the doubt. I will need to see what he does...rather than to pay much attention to what he says he will do.

I guess I have just lived through too many administrators of the University of Minnesota. I have not found them to be too an impressive lot, generally speaking...

; 0 )

Last edited by imthewalrus; Today at 02:51 PM.

Kill's past is a good indication of his abilities. Looking at the past of Gopher football just frustrates people. If Kaler and Maturi support Kill off the field like he wants the future will be bright.

Kill's past is a good indication of his abilities. Looking at the past of Gopher football just frustrates people. If Kaler and new AD support Kill off the field like he wants the future will be bright.

fixed :)

prexy's at the U of M need to be judged by actions...not mere words. Based upon my first experiences of reading interviews with prexy k, he sounds to me as though he gets caught up in talking the talk.

So he needs to be judged by his actions and not his words, then you proceed to judge him by his words?

Take your own advice...

I said it "sounds as if..." he gets caught up in talking the talk. I did NOT say "...he gets caught up in talking the talk..."

And, yes, I am taking my own advice. I don't trust his talk and am waiting to see his actions..."

Did YOU read his interviews? Did you not catch some of the obvious "prexy-speak..." really FUNNY statements he made? I thought for a moment when he was talking to Sid that he was spinning SO fast that he must have become dizzy...

But, I am waiting to see his actions...and how they turn out.

; 0 )

Really wren!

I said it "sounds as if..." he gets caught up in talking the talk. I did NOT say "...he gets caught up in talking the talk..."

And, yes, I am taking my own advice. I don't trust his talk and am waiting to see his actions..."

Did YOU read his interviews? Did you not catch some of the obvious "prexy-speak..." really FUNNY statements he made? I thought for a moment when he was talking to Sid that he was spinning SO fast that he must have become dizzy...

But, I am waiting to see his actions...and how they turn out.

; 0 )

What an unbelievable hypocrite you are going around judging other people yet you refuse to be accountable for your own behavior. You are the last person that should be judging others. Bob_Loblaw said it best "Take your own advice"

; 0 )

Oh, I'm pretty damn bad, killjoy...

but YOU are trying to judge me.

What the h. does that make you

little dude or dudette, which ever you may be...

; 0 )

ps: I'll be sure to let you know how this prexy k shapes up killjoy, you bad-a$$ed little hypocrite...you worst of the the worst...baddest of the bad...you can dish it out...can you take it...I'll be happy to give you some advice if you can't figure it out for yourself...I'm through lecturing you now...you are dismissed.

Now...get off my lawn!

; 0 )

Top Bottom