Sid: Gophers will have to play their best game of the season to beat the Hawkeyes.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Toughest test

Last week Ohio State crushed Illinois 55-14 and Nebraska defeated Purdue 35-14. The Gophers football team struggled against those same two teams — defeating Purdue 39-38 and losing to Illinois 28-24 — indicates they will have to play much better Saturday against Iowa.

The Gophers will have to play their best game of the season to beat the Hawkeyes.

Furthermore, the Gophers struggled with Northwestern on Oct. 11, winning 24-17, while Iowa led the Wildcats 24-0 in the first quarter last weekend and won 48-7. So the big question is: Is Iowa that good or Northwestern that poor? That will be answered on Saturday in what Gophers coach Jerry Kill calls the biggest test of the season.

In four Big Ten Conference games, the Hawkeyes are averaging 37 points per game, the third-highest total in the league, and have scored 30 or more points in three of them. The Gophers are sixth at 29.2 points per game. Iowa has won 10 of the past 13 games with Minnesota, but Kill is 1-2 overall against the Hawkeyes.

“We’ll have to be very disciplined,” Kill said about his defensive game plan. “They’re great in the offensive line. They do a great job of executing. Everybody is going to have to do their job. We can’t have one guy go out and do something he’s not supposed to do.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/281877141.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Gophers have been highly over-rated since the Michigan win. Yes, it's still Michigan, at Michigan....but this is a terrible Michigan team,
and the Gophers are a very mediocre and vanilla team. We can't throw....and we can't stop the run. The last 4 games could end up
being VERY brutal. I know i'm not acting like the wanted kool-aid sipper who thinks were going to the Rose Bowl every year. I'm just
acting like a Gopher fan who's watch this team for decades, and I know what to expect. I wish it wasn't that way....but, damn.

So yes, we're going to have to pull off some things that this team hasn't shown their capable of yet this year, and the coaches are
going to have to change their approach and possible game-plan for a team to beat them, not 'learn as we go and hopefully come back'.

... I know what to expect.

If you approach all aspects of your life the same way you do as a fan of the Gophers, you must be a joy to be around. How do you know the koolaid tastes bad if you've never tried it?

If you approach all aspects of your life the same way you do as a fan of the Gophers, you must be a joy to be around. How do you know the koolaid tastes bad if you've never tried it?

It’s so fitting that you have the moniker to go along with this post! Pretty sure that’s what you’d say if you got stuck in an elevator with G28 ;-)

It’s so fitting that you have the moniker to go along with this post! Pretty sure that’s what you’d say if you got stuck in an elevator with G28 ;-)

lol. I'm sure one of us would be converted and my faith is strong.

Top Bottom