Sid: Gophers athletic director Mark Coyle says new Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is great for the conference

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Mark Coyle told me he got to know Warren well when Coyle was hired as athletic director by the University of Minnesota in May 2016, because Warren was one of the people who recommended him for the job.

Coyle said he already can tell Warren will be a great replacement for Delany, even in Warren’s short time in the job.

“I had a chance to meet him when I was hired as the athletic director at Minnesota,” Coyle recalled. “Commissioner Warren was part of the search committee when he was with the Vikings. I had a chance to meet him, and I was with him a week ago. We were in California for Big Ten/NCAA meetings and he’s going to do a wonderful job.

“I would be remiss if we didn’t thank Commissioner Delany and what he did for the conference and the program, but there is no doubt Commissioner Warren is ready for the task and look forward to his leadership and working closely with him as he continues to build what we feel is the best conference in America in the Big Ten.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom