SICK

DiehardGopher

Reaction score
I JUST got back from the game and i must say that the student exit was CRAZY after the game. It was a big bottleneck so we took the opportunity to do all the good cheers (Who hates iowa, F#$@ the Badgers, and ofc the rouser) The sea of fans pouring down those stairs and all of us equally excited and just amped to be there was amazing. I love this new stadium!

P.S. for those not in the student section, how loud was it on the other side of the stadium?

I agree we (the students) where going nuts when leaving. People where down at the bottom of the stairs taking video and pics of the madness of the students cheers and chants!!! i loved it!!!

Favorite chant of the night: "LETS GET WASTED!!!!!!" waiting to get out of the Bank. Great tradition!!! :clap:

Section 208 here, so i was 3 sections from the very end. The sound was alright, it was better then the metrodome, I could hear the student section clearly. The only time it got really loud was on 3rds and 4ths. I was a little disappointed in our sides volume level but it was a great experiance all around.

Students

The student section was GREAT tonight...especially in the 4th Quarter with the coordinated cheers. I was VERY PLEASED...No...Grinning ear to ear...from student participation.

The "BS" cheer for the Decker penalty was sooooo Badger...but hey...I can live with it.

Let's see how things look next Saturday morning at 11:15 AM...recognizing that as long as the student section is full by 5 minutes into the game it's understandable.

Go Gophers! Beat the Golden Bears!

The students were incredible tonight...keep it up!

It makes a huge difference.....:clap::clap::clap::clap:

From a student perspective this game was sick. I loved every minute of it, although it was a bit slow in the middle of the game which sort of took us out of the game, but I am glad that our cheers were heard throughout the stadium. I wasn't sure with the open end.

The students rocked the house

I called my wife at home during the game and she said it was very loud on tv too. I am going to watch it tomorrow night on DVR.

Great job students!

Agree with several of you - the students were awesome. I was in the stadium at 5:00 and they were awesome then, too. Keep it up ---

Best Game Ever. Easily. It was so fun tonight!!

I sit right next to the students in section 119 and having recently graduated I often would look over with envy. It seemed like every five minutes a "WHO HATES IOWA?" chant started. It was all brilliant.

I am also in section 208 (far away from the students) and the volume from the student section was very good... Could hardly hear the band, but definitely could hear the students...Keep it up students!

The M I N N E S O T A cheers last night were great...

I was in 105, I could hear them cheering and see them jumping up and down but I couldn't hear anything they were saying or any of the chants. Maybe I just wasn't listening? But we are about as far away as you can get.

Great stuff!

I agree that this was the best student section atmosphere I've ever seen...by a country mile.

I do have one thing that could be improved, and it's really about the entire stadium, but the student section can act as leaders because it is one contiguous and loud group...

We need to get better at staying in rhythm. There were some great cheers from the students, but they often degraded into multiple tempos, which lessens the impact. If they can stay together, the rest of the stadium can pick up on it and join in.

It's certainly tough, but maybe the powers that be can come up with some ways to keep folks together. The cheerleaders using cards could help. Planting some leaders throughout the student section that are watching each other and directing the cheer. Or maybe the scoreboard can be used to lead some of them, e.g. De-Fence or Let's Go Gophers. I think the scoreboard could also be used to foment the Ski-U-Mah cheer idea that has been bouncing around. Post instructions on the board during warm-ups. Or just lead the cheer with an indication of what part of the stadium (visitor, student, home) is responsible for what part.

Maybe if it's not spontaneous, it's not as good, but I think if we can get the whole stadium on the same page, it would be amazing!

Just a thought...

I sat across from the student section on the open end and I thought they were great. As a matter of fact, I've been to all but one of the big ten stadiums and the size of our student section is one thing that sets us apart. I don't believe any other team has a bigger student section (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and it shows.

I thought that the chants in the stadium sounded much, much better than the dome. In the dome all of the noise gets trapped and becomes indistinguishable. In the new stadium all of the chants are much more powerful. To that end, I would like to see A LOT more short, simple stadium chants like SKI-U-MAH, etc.

I'm pretty sure that Penn States student section is upwards of 25k.... so theres is double the size of ours.... but still our student section is huge and just watched the dvr of it, and we looked great on tv

OMG the first time the rouser was played in there with all the students and the place packed was so intense.

Students kicked some royal ass last night! Keep it up.

I sat across from the student section on the open end and I thought they were great. As a matter of fact, I've been to all but one of the big ten stadiums and the size of our student section is one thing that sets us apart. I don't believe any other team has a bigger student section (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and it shows.

I thought that the chants in the stadium sounded much, much better than the dome. In the dome all of the noise gets trapped and becomes indistinguishable. In the new stadium all of the chants are much more powerful. To that end, I would like to see A LOT more short, simple stadium chants like SKI-U-MAH, etc.

OSU, PSU, Wisky, MSU are all bigger than us (I think Michigan is as well...don't know about Iowa). What's key to our student section looking so big is that its 20% of the stadium capacity.

Yell Leaders

At A&M they have Yell Leaders instead of cheerleaders, whcih is what the U
used to have back in the day.

I am NOT in any way advocating replacing the cheerleaders!!!! They are essential!

However, Yell Leaders to assist in keeping the students in cadence, as an
addition to the cheerleaders, might be a nice touch.

At A&M they also have midnight Yell Practice the nights before each game
to practice their yells, but one thing at a time! LOL

Top Bottom