SI Way Too Early Top 25

Looks like we are heading for preseason #5 in the West, Vegas O/U of 7 wins. The usual.

Purdue. The same writers think wisconsin is still far ahead of the Gophers. Some folks don't change with the times.

Until we beat Wisconsin and Iowa on a consistent basis, we will never be expected to win the west. Purdue will be closer to the bottom than the top.

Looks like we are heading for preseason #5 in the West, Vegas O/U of 7 wins. The usual.

Purdue. The same writers think wisconsin is still far ahead of the Gophers. Some folks don't change with the times.
A quick start and no unexpected losses...8 wins should always be the floor here.

Iowa ... Wisconsin ... ok.

Purdue ... uh wut?
Would be interesting to see his next 5, guessing we were part of it. But whatever, pre-season polls like this at this time of year are just fluff anyway. Would be nice to be in it but chances are that he will end up being wrong about his placement of nearly every team.

Purdue has the crossover schedule to compete.
2022 Purdue = 2021 Iowa. Could be the third or fourth best team in division but if they take care of business in the right 2-3 games they could win the division anyways.

Until we beat Wisconsin and Iowa on a consistent basis, we will never be expected to win the west. Purdue will be closer to the bottom than the top.
We're 2-2 in the last 4 with an OT loss to Wisconsin. It's more until we actually win the West will things change. Until then we are just in the same field as Nebraska and Purdue.

Best way to do this is by winning every home game against WI/IA and not having an Illinois type loss.

Purdue has the crossover schedule to compete.
2022 Purdue = 2021 Iowa. Could be the third or fourth best team in division but if they take care of business in the right 2-3 games they could win the division anyways.
Yep, schedule for them looks pretty favorable on paper. Start the year at home with Penn State but their two road crossover games are at Maryland and Indiana.

That said, the West once again looks like a massive tossup with any number of teams capable of winning it. No clear cut favorite in the bunch.

Iowa ... Wisconsin ... ok.

Purdue ... uh wut?
Purdue went 9-4 last year and brings back probably the best QB in the west. It's not an absurd ranking. I'd argue they are better than Wisconsin, who is probably getting too much credit here.

Yep, schedule for them looks pretty favorable on paper. Start the year at home with Penn State but their two road crossover games are at Maryland and Indiana.

That said, the West once again looks like a massive tossup with any number of teams capable of winning it. No clear cut favorite in the bunch.
Yeah. I picked Iowa last year.

Purdue is my dark horse this year but I am actually picking Minnesota I think. MN IA WI are all pretty even. Purdue a half step behind. Purdue has the schedule. MN has the best QB of the other 3?

Purdue’s defense is going to take a step back this year or I would pick them.

Re: Purdue Schedule.

Crossovers:
PSU to open the season
at Maryland
at Indiana

B10W:
at Minnesota
at Wisconsin
at Illinois

The B10 has no easy schedules.

Re: Purdue Schedule.

Crossovers:
PSU to open the season
at Maryland
at Indiana

B10W:
at Minnesota
at Wisconsin
at Illinois

The B10 has no easy schedules.
Absolutely on the part about no easy schedules in the Big Ten. But as far as they go Purdue got a decent draw for this year in terms of their crossovers and home/road splits. Our reworked schedule looks a lot better to me than our original one did.

Absolutely on the part about no easy schedules in the Big Ten. But as far as they go Purdue got a decent draw for this year in terms of their crossovers and home/road splits. Our reworked schedule looks a lot better to me than our original one did.
Especially if you’re like me and don’t think Penn state, Maryland, or Indiana are that good

Purdue has a great offense. Explosive. Last year they had 9 wins, including wins over Michigan State, Tennessee and Iowa. Purdue blew out Iowa.

Purdue has a great offense. Explosive. Last year they had 9 wins, including wins over Michigan State, Tennessee and Iowa. Purdue blew out Iowa.
Their offense actually struggled to put up points in a lot of games last year (including the one against us) and they will no longer have the biggest weapon by far in Bell.

O'Connell is a solid QB but he needs a great line in front of him because he is not mobile. I have a feeling Purdue is going to be solid but it isn't a slam dunk that their offense is going to be great next year without Bell.

Hammer the over!!!

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 10.12.32 PM.png
11 and 1 or 10 and 2 ? Could happen! "Very unhappy with 9 wins this year." PJ: season opener press conference. We do have 7 home games.

Top Bottom