SI predicts Gophers to finish tied for 3rd in Western Division: 7-5 (4-4)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SI:

Will Minnesota surprise and break through? Jerry Kill has the Gophers on a slow but steady upward trajectory. He has a reliable running back in David Cobb (1,202 yards in 2013), depth on the offensive line and seven starters returning from a defense that allowed a manageable 22 points per game last fall. New quarterback Mitch Leidner is unproven, but he could have his feet under him by a raucous November that features games against Iowa and Ohio State and consecutive road trips to Nebraska and Wisconsin. Kill's crew has opportunities to escape from obscurity. Minnesota just has to seize them.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/08/14/big-ten-college-football-preview

Go Gophers!!

Bleed or Dr. Don, when will the official GH 2014 prediction thread start? I want dibbs on 12-0

From where I'm sitting today, 4-4 would be awesome.

That doesn't surprise me since you are not the most optimistic person here but 4-4 and wouldn't be bad! I personally don't get too excited or worked up about predictions for so many reasons. There is way too much "noise" and variables that impact future results to take them too seriously. Add to that, sloppy analysis, and you don't have much to hang your hat on.

What I pay attention to is are we getting better and are we doing the right things. If the answer to this is yes, good things can happen. So enjoy the journey.

This is a much more accurate than most of those ESPN predictions that are quite possibly the least accurate and least knowledgable. At least they cited the fact that the Gophers are bringing in a bunch of starters on a defense that was stellar last year.

Top Bottom