SI: Gophers have 'extra fire' to end skid against arch-rival Wisconsin; MN hasn’t beat UW since 2020

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Nolan:

The Gophers will look to finally finish one against the 13th-ranked Badgers at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Williams Arena and will simultaneously look to end a three-game skid. Overall, the Gophers haven't beat the Badgers since a 70-52 victory in Minneapolis on Feb. 5, 2020. They may have to do it without starting point guard Elijah Hawkins, who missed Thursday’s game at Michigan State with a sprained ankle and it's unclear if he’ll be able to go on Tuesday.

The Gophers are certainly an improved team from a year ago, too. But they won’t be in for an easy task against their arch rival and a top-25 team. But if they can take care of the basketball, be disciplined on defense and find ways to keep the offense flowing, everyone at The Barn should be in good a good game of basketball Tuesday night.

“You want that competition. … They’re obviously a really good team, look at what they’ve done this year, they added some really good pieces,” Parker Fox said. “… I think we’re all kind of excited. You kinda get that extra juice, Wisconsin comes into your place and it’s that rivalry. For me personally, I grew up on it, going to games and being a Gopher fan, so it’s definitely a little extra fire, flame to the fire, so I’m really excited.”

Go Gophers!!

Gopher's starting lineup the last time they beat Wisconsin
Daniel Oturu
Gabe Kalscheur
Marcus Carr
Payton Willis, and
Alihan Demir

off the bench - Ihnen, Omersa and Tre Williams.

Demir averaged 7.1 pts/gm and 5.0 reb/gm for the Gophers in 2019-20. averaged 14.8 pts/gm the previous season at Drexel.

4 years ago and I wouldn't have remembered him if you gave me a million guesses.

Top Bottom