SI gives props to Nolen

thanks for the link, chiller. Kudos to AN for the compliments...now do it again Saturday at the Hawgeyes.

Go Gophers!

This is awesome, great find!

Missing piece: Al Nolen, 6-1 junior guard, Minnesota. This Minneapolis native will bring a blue-collar attitude to North Carolina's glitzy young squad. Nolen is only averaging 6.4 points per game, so he won't come in looking to score, but his 42.1% clip from three-point range (up from 29.4% last year) will force defenses to worry about him. More important, offenses will have to worry about him, too. Nolen is ranked 11th in the nation in steals (2.75), and besides contributing 4.9 assists per game for the walk-it-up Gophers, he is 10th in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio.

I think Al Nolen is by far, our most underrated player. It's great to see Seth Davis give him some props!

Al Nolen......

has been outstanding this year. Most improved in my view.......but the conference sched. will tell the true story.

That is a nice compliment from a respected journalist, and Nolen has played very well so far this year, but I do not agree with him being a good fit on UNC. He would probably be the 3rd string guard behind Drew II and freshman Dexter Strickland. It's nice to see him get some recognition, but let's not get carried away with this one.

just wait for his first bad big ten game....the vitriol in here will be almost as bad if not worse then the hatred for Weber on the fb board, whether he actually deserves it or not...

Make Your Haters Your Motivators...

That is a nice compliment from a respected journalist, and Nolen has played very well so far this year, but I do not agree with him being a good fit on UNC. He would probably be the 3rd string guard behind Drew II and freshman Dexter Strickland. It's nice to see him get some recognition, but let's not get carried away with this one.

Nice first post. :rolleyes:

Nice first post. :rolleyes:

Call me a troll if you want, but if anybody watches UNC often enough they know that Al Nolen is NOT the answer for them.

I have been very impressed with Nolen this year. He has taken on a leadership role and has really improved his shooting. However, he would see limited playing time at UNC.

Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated is giving some props to Al Nolen and saying he would be an a good fit on North Carolina's team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/seth_davis/12/28/davis.jigsaw.man/index.html

That's pretty sweet and quite to compliment to Al. Keep up the good work Al!

GO GOPHS!

Love the props.
However, I'm still wondering why Nolen didn't lock-down on Battle against Penn State. Obviously I wouldn't expect Nolen to shut him down, but Battle had his way against the Minnesota defense.

Battle is a great talent, and Westbrook was assigned to him much of the night.
And, IIRC, we won.

Top Bottom