Shoutout for Coach Debo

LegalGopher

Reaction score

Really has been HUGE the guys that he has recruited for us. Players seem to love him and he seems like the high energy guy who helps with the little things to. Want to see him spend his whole career here in Minneapolis!!

Proving that you can recruit for a 4 front at MN. Kill and Claeys switched fronts due to struggle to recruit DL.
Controlling the line of scrimmage controls the scoreboard & time of possession. That's why QBs gift Rolex watches to their O-line. Great D-lines turn QB play into sacks, Ints & incompletions.

Coach Winston DeLattiboudere and Coach Fleck
@Coach_DeBo46

Thank you, and Hats of to thee! To all those that define what it means to "The M never comes off" Know you are appreciated! When we fans complain or sometimes b!tching, we still see how hard you work and the great jobs you are doing developing men and scholar athletes, not just not cared about football players!

I’ve said it on here before and I’ll say it again. He will be the head coach here one day.
Seems highly likely he will be a head coach someday (assuming that is something he wants). Seems to have a really bright future so hopefully Fleck can do whatever he needs to make sure that future unfolds with him as part of the football staff at the U of M.

I can see his Gophers career path now:
Current: Defensive Line / Newcomer Coordinator / Assistant HC
Near future (if the new DC doesn't work out, or leaves for some other reason): Defensive Coordinator / Newcomer Coordinator / Assistant HC
Far Future (when Fleck retires, Winston will be the heir apparent): Head Coach

The future is bright for him and the Gophers. Would be a great story too. Just imagine it:

Winston committed to MN out of high school, and played his entire college career there. He graduated with both an undergrad degree AND a masters. After college, he began coaching and quickly rose through the ranks, eventually returning to MN. He spent the rest of his coaching career at MN, eventually taking over as HC after Coach PJ Fleck retired.

It practically writes itself!

Our pass rush kind of sucked last year, so I’d dampen the hype until we average 4-6 sacks a game. He starts getting production like that out of his players then we’ve really got something.

Lol. The top team in the country last year averaged 3.77. 10th best was 3.00.
Nice work. I had to look it up because that seems like an insanely low number of sacks per game for the leading team nationally

I can see his Gophers career path now:
Current: Defensive Line / Newcomer Coordinator / Assistant HC
Near future (if the new DC doesn't work out, or leaves for some other reason): Defensive Coordinator / Newcomer Coordinator / Assistant HC
Far Future (when Fleck retires, Winston will be the heir apparent): Head Coach

The future is bright for him and the Gophers. Would be a great story too. Just imagine it:

Winston committed to MN out of high school, and played his entire college career there. He graduated with both an undergrad degree AND a masters. After college, he began coaching and quickly rose through the ranks, eventually returning to MN. He spent the rest of his coaching career at MN, eventually taking over as HC after Coach PJ Fleck retired.

It practically writes itself!
I think we should all thank Jerry Kill for bringing him into the family.

Kudos to Coach Fleck for developing players and giving coaches a shot. We'd like to see Winston here for the long haul.

Lol. The top team in the country last year averaged 3.77. 10th best was 3.00.
If he’s going to be a head coach at 30 he needs to hit a home run. In reality, I would have never have guessed it was that low so let me change to 3-4 per game.

Pool - which game will he become the new D.C. my vote before we play Illinois

Our pass rush kind of sucked last year, so I’d dampen the hype until we average 4-6 sacks a game. He starts getting production like that out of his players then we’ve really got something.
They just got two players who should up the pressure greatly.

If he’s going to be a head coach at 30 he needs to hit a home run. In reality, I would have never have guessed it was that low so let me change to 3-4 per game.
Good grief.

Good grief.
Good grief we were 70th in the country and sacks per game last year. I went out to the same site that Word reviewed. Needs to be way better and if he’s a godlike DL coach we need production!!

Good grief we were 70th in the country and sacks per game last year. I went out to the same site that Word reviewed. Needs to be way better and if he’s a godlike DL coach we need production!!
They've added two potential studs. Sacks are not the gold standard for line play. Pressure creates many other opportunities.

They've added two potential studs. Sacks are not the gold standard for line play. Pressure creates many other opportunities.
Yep, he’s recruiting great. Sacks were low last year as was pressure. I’d have given our pass rush a c- last year; run d maybe a b- as it relates to the DL. Teams are too good no secondary can hold up without a pass rush much less one with a lot of questions like ours will be.

Top Bottom