Should McCaffrey be suspended again?

Moonlight

Reaction score
I guess he really learned his lesson a few years ago when he was suspended for his comments to a ref during a game. Is standing mid-court glaring at a ref more respectful or worse. I personally think its worse - clear intimidation tactic, not just anger or frustration. There is something wrong with this guy.

There’s definitely something wrong mentally and emotionally with him. BT absolutely should suspend him. Official let him get away with what should have been a 2nd technical.
Good point on deserving the 2nd technical. I couldnt believe he remained on the sidelines after that.

Don’t love this. Plenty of great parents children and people in general struggle with anxiety. I doubt Fran is helpful but the kids choose to play for him.
Fair point. I hate the use of anxiety as a way to avoid uncomfortable situations, but also understand the damage that the internet/social media is doing to the brains of today's youth.

Dang, I’m so beaten down that it isn’t in me anymore to question the antics of other BIG coaches. And they won….

Just once before I die, I want to see a coach go off like Fran, because their own team is actually getting all the calls. A coach going nuts because they can't believe the calls they are actually getting for themselves. Yell to the ref, "Holy Shit, you've given us 7 calls and have only given them 1. Why are you giving us all these horseshit calls?"

Assume this is the moment the thread is about. Just childish behavior on Fran's part. Wonder how long it would have gone on if one of his assistants hadn't pulled him away.

From an opposing fan perspective, T. Rizo is the same as McCaffrey. On the court during the game, complaining about every call against MSU and getting in the ear of the referees. It's so annoying, particularly when the gophers lose almost every game.

So I went to the White House agin, and I met the president agin, and I suspended Fran agin...

Assume this is the moment the thread is about. Just childish behavior on Fran's part. Wonder how long it would have gone on if one of his assistants hadn't pulled him away.

The ref is KellyPfiefer. My sympathy is limited.

Ben should just learn this speech.

It brings me back to the 90's when most of the B1G coaches had personalities and this was normal in nearly every game. I think Fran is a great guy and coach, but some people just become different once the game starts. I liken it to a private Christian league where you would think the coaches would be the most sportsmanlike, but often they aren't, they just lose their minds over things they can't control.

If I'm the ref I take that as a challenge to a dance off and respond accordingly. Oh, it's on.

Fair point. I hate the use of anxiety as a way to avoid uncomfortable situations, but also understand the damage that the internet/social media is doing to the brains of today's youth.

Anxiety can be a lot of things. Agreed that the internet is a cess pool. I’m in the last generation that grew up without internet. Skipping games =/= skipping uncomfortable situation for most. Hoping his dad realizes he is not helpful.

I’d never let my kid play for Fran. Zero respect for his repeated actions. Don’t need to coddle kids but don’t be an embarrassment.

Margaret herself is a piece of work.
Her behavior in the stands at times was enough to have her committed.
I remember one IA/WI game in which Fran actually crossed over into the WI bench area to confront Bo Ryan. Ryan wisely placed himself behind his bigger assistants,
Being that quick to rage is very unhealthy.

Does any school have a bigger combination of d bag football/basketball coaches than Iowa?

Top Bottom