Shooter: John Thomas is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

John Thomas, the former Minneapolis Roosevelt standout, Gopher and Timberwolf, now a VP for the Wolves and who is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, on social injustice in the July issue of Sports Illustrated: “When I was at the University of Minnesota, I had police detain me at a bus stop. I didn’t have a license back then. They said I fit the description of someone they were looking for. How many 6’9” Black men in a Gophers sweatsuit who happen to be the center for the basketball team fit the description?”

Go Gophers!!

But all black college students look like John Thomas. I've noticed that.

I met John Thomas when he was a college senior, and he was already one of the nicest people back then.

Talked with John Thomas at the airport flying back from Chicago ~5yrs ago. Great 15 minute conversation. Approachable, humble, funny, and a class act giving back to the community were my takeaways. Seemed like a fabulous person to have associated with the U.

Talked with John Thomas at the airport flying back from Chicago ~5yrs ago. Great 15 minute conversation. Approachable, humble, funny, and a class act giving back to the community were my takeaways. Seemed like a fabulous person to have associated with the U.
Agree. A true credit to his school and his community. Thoughtful.

Top Bottom