Shooter: It will be interesting to see if Coyle realizes the value Kill could bring

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

It’ll be interesting whether the Gophers’ new athletics director-marketeer, Mark Coyle, realizes the value Jerry Kill could bring to Minnesota and tries to lure the popular former football coach back into the program. Coyle and Kill chatted briefly the other day, but not substantially.

Meanwhile, Kill on Friday interviewed and received another administrative job offer working with a college football team, his fourth since retiring from Minnesota. He’s having a tough time determining whether to accept.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/05/14/if-bruce-boudreau-won-game-7-he-might-still-be-with-ducks/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

It’ll be interesting...

It'll be interesting to read what the local writers will pen when they don't have Jerry's **** in their mouths 24/7.

I love Jerry, and think he is a hell of a guy. But please stop stumping for him to get a job here.

I'd be really happy if a cadre of writers would fill up columns with pablum like "It's truly disappointing that Target Corp hasn't hired Unregistered User as ceremonial, occasional Twitter writer, and give him a private jet, back-dated stock options and a stable of, uhm...an enthusiastic and willing team of small-nosed big busted Swedish stewardesses. Hopefully, some other smart company will see the brilliance of that hire.

It'll be interesting to read what the local writers will pen when they don't have Jerry's **** in their mouths 24/7.

I love Jerry, and think he is a hell of a guy. But please stop stumping for him to get a job here.

I'd be really happy if a cadre of writers would fill up columns with pablum like "It's truly disappointing that Target Corp hasn't hired Unregistered User as ceremonial, occasional Twitter writer, and give him a private jet, back-dated stock options and a stable of, uhm...an enthusiastic and willing team of small-nosed big busted Swedish stewardesses. Hopefully, some other smart company will see the brilliance of that hire.

Make Target Corp great again.

I couldn't agree more. My only knock on JK is I am confident he is behind much of this stumping. That is becoming a bigger and bigger knock.

I couldn't agree more. My only knock on JK is I am confident he is behind much of this stumping. That is becoming a bigger and bigger knock.

I'd like to make him the face of the rowing team. If he can succeed at bringing more focus on them (must be time for a new row house), then maybe we could move on to dance team.

So what exactly is the value?
A BIG Championship? No
A BIG West title? No
A winning confrerence record? No
A win over WI ? No
A surrogate daddy for the daddyless fans? Yes

I actually think Sid switched to Bob Stein's **** during the AD search.

It'll be interesting to read what the local writers will pen when they don't have Jerry's **** in their mouths 24/7. I love Jerry, and think he is a hell of a guy. But please stop stumping for him to get a job here. I'd be really happy if a cadre of writers would fill up columns with pablum like "It's truly disappointing that Target Corp hasn't hired Unregistered User as ceremonial, occasional Twitter writer, and give him a private jet, back-dated stock options and a stable of, uhm...an enthusiastic and willing team of small-nosed big busted Swedish stewardesses. Hopefully, some other smart company will see the brilliance of that hire.

Perfectly said. The media love for Jerry Kill is incredible. It's reaching Madden/Favre levels.

A BIG Championship? No
A BIG West title? No
A win over WI ? No
He did have one winning conference record

per Shooter:

It’ll be interesting whether the Gophers’ new athletics director-marketeer, Mark Coyle, realizes the value Jerry Kill could bring to Minnesota and tries to lure the popular former football coach back into the program. Coyle and Kill chatted briefly the other day, but not substantially.

Meanwhile, Kill on Friday interviewed and received another administrative job offer working with a college football team, his fourth since retiring from Minnesota. He’s having a tough time determining whether to accept.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/05/14/if-bruce-boudreau-won-game-7-he-might-still-be-with-ducks/

Go Gophers!!

Why does Shooter have this information? The only way I can see him getting that would be if Kill (or his people) fed it to him directly. Good for Kill if he is getting all these Admin offers. Clearly he is not getting the type of offer he is looking for or he would have taken one already. Hopefully he takes something soon and then we won't have to hear about it anymore.

I would guess beat reporters, you know, go out and beat the bushes for news. Call, email, tweet all day. It's their job. IMO these donors, Kill are probably not contacting the journalists to plant news in the media. Seems like the angst some have towards Kill (why, I have no idea) or mega scarf or Sakal overrides more likely scenarios. Reusse enjoys trolling, and why not. Occasionally it is probably necessary.

I would guess beat reporters, you know, go out and beat the bushes for news. Call, email, tweet all day. It's their job. IMO these donors, Kill are probably not contacting the journalists to plant news in the media. Seems like the angst some have towards Kill (why, I have no idea) or mega scarf or Sakal overrides more likely scenarios. Reusse enjoys trolling, and why not. Occasionally it is probably necessary.

I respectfully disagree. I would bet my house Kill is behind most if not all of the local media's obsession with him. He is trying to get a job he wants, not what the U offered. He is choosing to create public support for such a job. He is using the new AD hire to reignite this effort. My house.

Even if you're right what's wrong with lobbying for a job he wants? Why does it upset you? I'm genuinely curious.

kill is the man. he could raise a ton of money here.

I respectfully disagree. I would bet my house Kill is behind most if not all of the local media's obsession with him. He is trying to get a job he wants, not what the U offered. He is choosing to create public support for such a job. He is using the new AD hire to reignite this effort. My house.

I'm suspicious. You don't suppose Kill is posing as his own publicist:confused:

Even if you're right what's wrong with lobbying for a job he wants? Why does it upset you? I'm genuinely curious.

Upset? I find it irritating, but not upsetting. What do I find irritating? Kill walking away, but never actually leaving. Just like Favre and Magic Johnson. Couldn't get them to just go away. I loved Kill but he chose to leave and now he won't go away. If he is going to lobby for a job, then lobby for the job. Stop using the media to make his case and pretending like he isn't behind it. Irritating, that's all. Full disclosure: I'm easily irritated.

He should ask Pete Najarian how effective those efforts can be.

Upset? I find it irritating, but not upsetting. What do I find irritating? Kill walking away, but never actually leaving. Just like Favre and Magic Johnson. Couldn't get them to just go away. I loved Kill but he chose to leave and now he won't go away. If he is going to lobby for a job, then lobby for the job. Stop using the media to make his case and pretending like he isn't behind it. Irritating, that's all. Full disclosure: I'm easily irritated.

Fair enough. We all have our peeves. I've been accused of being a bit emotional at times about Kill/Limegrover crapping the bed on offense. My reaction on the half yard line vs Michigan:

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/AjkUQrzvs5OCc" width="480" height="304" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/AjkUQrzvs5OCc">via GIPHY</a></p>

Same, there's no reason to think Jerry is particularly valuable as a non coach, and that assumption has lead to just the media just pooping out lazy article after article.

Same, there's no reason to think Jerry is particularly valuable as a non coach, and that assumption has lead to just the media just pooping out lazy article after article.

I think a lot of people disagree with this.

So true. It is Coyle's show and the ghosts of the past need to move on. Jerry had his chance, he doesn't carry the same weight with the new administration. Also, Jerry did help move the program along, but he wasn't Bear Bryant.

My house bro, my house. Guess you were cluelessly wrong. Try something else now bro. Maybe Kill is just using K State to get back to your beloved Minny??? Crazy, people would actually have interest in him? Like Jim Harbaugh and Bill Snyder, oh, and Gary Patterson.

My house bro, my house. Guess you were cluelessly wrong. Try something else now bro. Maybe Kill is just using K State to get back to your beloved Minny??? Crazy people would actually have interest in him? Like Jim Harbaugh and Bill Snyder, oh, and Gary Patterson.

Never said folks shouldn't have interest in Kill, bro. I said I was sick of him using the media to angle for a job he wanted here. Taking a job at K-State that wasn't offered to him here could reinforce my theory as much as disprove it. Thanks for trying tho.

A BIG Championship? No
A BIG West title? No
A win over WI ? No

- 1 Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Big ten record was 8-24 in 4 years prior to his arrival, he went 13-19 in his 4 full years
- Overall record was 17-33 in 4 years prior to his arrival, he went 25-26 in his 4 full years
- 2007-2013 had 4 NFL Draft Picks, 2014-2016 had 8 NFL Draft Picks (includes 2 second rounders)
- Team was playing for a conference championship game bid in the last week of the season in his last full season
- Extremely respected by Minnesota High School Football Coaches and coaches across America.
- I don't have the data, but I read the APR is night and day better
- Very few off the field issues.

He wasn't the best coach to walk the Earth, but he walked into a train wreck of a program and turned it around quickly. Visually, the players were playing harder, with much more discipline, and the talent level was drastically better.

Bingo, this is one of several reasons why I never liked him. To conniving.[emoji41]

Why does Shooter have this information? The only way I can see him getting that would be if Kill (or his people) fed it to him directly. Good for Kill if he is getting all these Admin offers. Clearly he is not getting the type of offer he is looking for or he would have taken one already. Hopefully he takes something soon and then we won't have to hear about it anymore.

It was the same way with his illness. He would have a episode at home and bingo... it would be in the paper.

My man; members of the media took issue with the same scribe repeatedly coming up with "private insight one too many times. It was obviously leaked to said individual.

Top Bottom