Shooter: It’s just a matter of time before a corporation offers enough to rename Williams Arena.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

It’s just a matter of time before a corporation offers enough to rename Williams Arena. That should be worth $1 million a year for 10 years or so. 3M’s naming rights deal with Mariucci Arena is for $11.2 million over 14 years.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

It’s just a matter of time before a corporation offers enough to rename Williams Arena. That should be worth $1 million a year for 10 years or so. 3M’s naming rights deal with Mariucci Arena is for $11.2 million over 14 years.

Go Gophers!!
William's Inc -- https://www.williams.com/ -- they wouldn't even have to pay for new signage.

William's Inc -- https://www.williams.com/ -- they wouldn't even have to pay for new signage.
If you're going to go this route, go with Sherman-Williams. They own Valspar (a MN company, so they're at least kind of "one of us"). Plus give them some latitude to paint the floor. They can't make it worse than the old blinding white version.

Maybe this non-profit which goes by TCF would want to regain the naming rights of TCF on campus, though the name of this foundation reminds me of George Costanza's "Human Fund"

Go Gophers!!

Maybe this non-profit which goes by TCF would want to regain the naming rights of TCF on campus, though the name of this foundation reminds me of George Costanza's "Human Fund"

Go Gophers!!
Money for People.

Go Gophers!!
If they had millions of dollars laying around and spent it on naming rights to a stadium and not for paying for the education of underprivileged children I think some people would question the non-profits legitimacy. Lol

candidates?

Minnesota’s Fortune 500 companies: These are the largest companies in the state

476. Polaris Industries
The company, headquartered in Medina, Minn., makes snowmobiles, motorcycles and off-road vehicles.

351. Thrivent Financial for Lutherans

The company, headquartered in Minneapolis, offers financial planning services.

328. Hormel Foods

The food maker headquartered in Austin, Minn., has several brands under its umbrella, like SPAM, Skippy, Jennie-O and Applegate.

274. Xcel Energy

The utility company provides electricity and natural gas in Minnesota and several other states.

249. Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial, based in Minneapolis, saw revenues of $12.92 billion enough to boost the financial planning company up three spots on the list.

215. Ecolab

The St. Paul-based company, which sells water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, saw revenues rise 6 percent to $14.67 billion.

212. Land O’Lakes

Land O’Lakes, the Arden Hills-based food company, moved up four places in this year’s list.

201. Supervalu

The wholesaler and grocery store company, which was purchased in 2018 by United Natural Foods Inc., is based in Eden Prairie.

200. General Mills

The Golden Valley-based food company that makes such brands as Haagen-Dazs, Cheerios, Pillsbury and many more, posted revenues of $15.74 billion — up 0.8 percent.

185. C.H. Robinson Worldwide

The Eden Prairie-based freight company saw revenues rise 11.8 percent to $16.63 billion.117. U.S. Bancorp

117. U.S. Bancorp

U.S. Bancorp is the parent company of U.S. Bank.

97. CHS

CHS, the fifth-largest business in the state, dropped one spot on the Forbes list. The Inver Grove Heights-based agriculture business posted revenues of $32.68 billion, an increase of 2 percent.

95. 3M

The Maplewood-based conglomerate makes a variety of products, including abrasives and health care items.

74. Best Buy

The Richfield-based electronics retailer is Minnesota’s third-largest company.

39. Target

The Minneapolis-based retailer saw revenue of $75.36 billion, a rise of 4.8 percent.

6. UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group, Minnesota’s largest company, dropped one spot on the Forbes list. The Minnetonka-based health care company saw revenues of $226.23 billion, an increase of 12.5 percent.

Will the money go to a new arena?
That has to be in the plans at some point. Williams arena is not going to last forever. I guess you could gut the inside and build within but I am not sure how that would effect the pavilion.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the money go to a new arena?
I would imagine it will have to. I’ve heard it’s almost impossible to get good recruits to commit to Minnesota with Williams Arena as our game facility. I’m sure Dennis Evans will confirm this.

Last edited:

If you're going to go this route, go with Sherman-Williams. They own Valspar (a MN company, so they're at least kind of "one of us"). Plus give them some latitude to paint the floor. They can't make it worse than the old blinding white version.
I used to date the woman who’s now the president of Sherwin-Williams. I’ll ask her to get on this.

candidates?

Minnesota’s Fortune 500 companies: These are the largest companies in the state

476. Polaris Industries
The company, headquartered in Medina, Minn., makes snowmobiles, motorcycles and off-road vehicles.

351. Thrivent Financial for Lutherans

The company, headquartered in Minneapolis, offers financial planning services.

328. Hormel Foods

The food maker headquartered in Austin, Minn., has several brands under its umbrella, like SPAM, Skippy, Jennie-O and Applegate.

274. Xcel Energy

The utility company provides electricity and natural gas in Minnesota and several other states.

249. Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial, based in Minneapolis, saw revenues of $12.92 billion enough to boost the financial planning company up three spots on the list.

215. Ecolab

The St. Paul-based company, which sells water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, saw revenues rise 6 percent to $14.67 billion.

212. Land O’Lakes

Land O’Lakes, the Arden Hills-based food company, moved up four places in this year’s list.

201. Supervalu

The wholesaler and grocery store company, which was purchased in 2018 by United Natural Foods Inc., is based in Eden Prairie.

200. General Mills

The Golden Valley-based food company that makes such brands as Haagen-Dazs, Cheerios, Pillsbury and many more, posted revenues of $15.74 billion — up 0.8 percent.

185. C.H. Robinson Worldwide

The Eden Prairie-based freight company saw revenues rise 11.8 percent to $16.63 billion.117. U.S. Bancorp

117. U.S. Bancorp

U.S. Bancorp is the parent company of U.S. Bank.

97. CHS

CHS, the fifth-largest business in the state, dropped one spot on the Forbes list. The Inver Grove Heights-based agriculture business posted revenues of $32.68 billion, an increase of 2 percent.

95. 3M

The Maplewood-based conglomerate makes a variety of products, including abrasives and health care items.

74. Best Buy

The Richfield-based electronics retailer is Minnesota’s third-largest company.

39. Target

The Minneapolis-based retailer saw revenue of $75.36 billion, a rise of 4.8 percent.

6. UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group, Minnesota’s largest company, dropped one spot on the Forbes list. The Minnetonka-based health care company saw revenues of $226.23 billion, an increase of 12.5 percent.
How can it not be Hormel? The SPAM Center, just rolls off the tongue.

Top Bottom