Shooter: Gopher players no longer can wear hats and use head phones in training facil

People need to learn how to shop. The days of paying full price for anything are gone.

People need to learn how to shop. The days of paying full price for anything are gone.

And the twin cities has no shoraged of second hand stores carrying good clothing.

God knows I dump a ton of it a couple times a year, plenty of corporate themed polo shirts....

What college kid changes his shirt every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players get free laundry too. Might have to learn how to use an iron, but that won't kill them.

So at $20 a piece, times 5 days a week for class, is $100. Apparently you've never been poor before. $100 is a lot for a broke college kid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

maybe poor for the walk ons that pay tuiton. Otherwise I think the scholarships guys will be ok. Also-- who said they can't do a load of wash during the week.

Two weeks ago I was in my local Urbandale Goodwill looking for a cheap piece of art to give as a white elephant gift. On my way out, I passed the shirt rack and spotted a beautiful polo shirt with the tag still on. I bought it for $2. You know what else I saw? Lots of other polo shirts for $2.

Arguing that these players are being unfairly put upon is ridiculous.

They all seem to have their mopeds, which definitely cost at least $100 so maybe forgo that purchase and get the shirts instead? Not that hard to walk, bike, or use transit on this campus to get around quickly.

If you don't see what no earbuds does then you just don't get it. BTW - I also don't get it.

PJ talks about love one another. That involves communication. He has a glossary of team culture words. Hard to talk with headphones on. Love and trust. Life on this football team is not living in a cocoon. We are here for each other. Not selfishly immersed in our own solo world. .... something like that is my guess....definitely culture change All part of establishing discipline. Eliminating penalties and execution mistakes on the field. Focus.

PJ talks about love one another. That involves communication. He has a glossary of team culture words. Hard to talk with headphones on. Love and trust. Life on this football team is not living in a cocoon. We are here for each other. Not selfishly immersed in our own solo world. .... something like that is my guess....definitely culture change All part of establishing discipline. Eliminating penalties and execution mistakes on the field. Focus.

All that from not wearing headphones? As I said openly, I don't get it.

So at $20 a piece, times 5 days a week for class, is $100. Apparently you've never been poor before. $100 is a lot for a broke college kid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

College football players are not "broke". Have a check in with reality. They get everything paid for and a $2000 check on top.

I would have to agree with 60's Guy. This is part of PJ's process and team development. You and others don't need to understand or buy in to it (and that's ok), but hopefully the players do. #RTB

It's not that complex. They are trying to mold 120 people, from all over the country and completely different backgrounds, into a cohesive unit. Would your parents allow you to wear buds to the dinner table?

This an internet chat room, but it would be a different place without the anonymity of user names. I would guess there would be quite a few less buffoons spouting off antagonistic points of view if real names were used.

The isolation of earbuds is the equivalent of driving personal cars....people have a tendency to introvert and think only of themselves. Not very constructive for team building.

It's not that complex. They are trying to mold 120 people, from all over the country and completely different backgrounds, into a cohesive unit. Would your parents allow you to wear buds to the dinner table?

This an internet chat room, but it would be a different place without the anonymity of user names. I would guess there would be quite a few less buffoons spouting off antagonistic points of view if real names were used.

The isolation of earbuds is the equivalent of driving personal cars....people have a tendency to introvert and think only of themselves. Not very constructive for team building.

If so obvious, how did Kill not know to do this? How have other coaches not caught on? We are talking about wearing buds while working out, right?
You are entitled to your opinion, but mine is you are thinking waaaaay too hard about this. If that makes me a buffoon spouting off antagonistic points of view, then so be it. Is that an improvement over badmouthing teenagers?

If so obvious, how did Kill not know to do this? How have other coaches not caught on? We are talking about wearing buds while working out, right?
You are entitled to your opinion, but mine is you are thinking waaaaay too hard about this. If that makes me a buffoon spouting off antagonistic points of view, then so be it. Is that an improvement over badmouthing teenagers?

I belive kill instituted some of his own ultimately semi inconsequential, but "new guy is here, here is how we're doing things now" kinda rules.

They do team workouts they won't wear ear buds during workouts under any coach. They have music playing on the speakers more than likely.

All I know is that when I exercise, earbuds help keep me focused. They keep the part of my brain that gets bored occupied so it doesn't bother me while I'm exercising. I wear polo shirts now, but I don't even remember what I wore in college. It's Fleck's team, if he thinks this will help the team, that's fine.

It's Fleck's team, if he thinks this will help the team, that's fine.

100% Agree. Literally all I said was "I don't get it". That got me labeled as a buffoon spouting off antagonistic views and hiding behind a screen name. Just imagine what will happen if I bring up my views on bulletin board material again.

I belive kill instituted some of his own ultimately semi inconsequential, but "new guy is here, here is how we're doing things now" kinda rules.

Yep, who can forget Kill's "Minnesota Loafer" T-shirts he made the guys who weren't hustling wear? Another thing: I'm assuming Fleck implemented the no bud, no hat and wear collared shirts rule at Western Michigan, right? I wonder how the players there reacted to it?

Awful? The youth of today are spoiled. When we were that age, the only thing we heard was our coaches in our ear. Then later that night listening to our cute little GF's saying sweet nothings! Somehow we all managed. :>0

wtf is this emoji? A penguin?

Wow....4+ pages about policies that are not a big deal. Fleck isn't saying they can't wear earbuds, they just can't wear them while in the facility when they should be interacting with their teammates and coaches. Have you heard how loud kids listen to their music these days? Many have it so loud it drowns out everything else around them.

I would be willing to bet during team workouts under Kill and other coaches they already weren't wearing earbuds because they need to be able to hear the coaches. This policy isn't about workouts, it is about all the other times they are in the facility. Fleck clearly wants them present and not in their own little world with music blaring in their ears while they are in the building. I don't see a problem with this at all.

The shirt thing is also not a big deal, I am sure the team will issue the players some clothes and asking them to wear a collared shirt is not like asking them to show up to class in a Tuxedo.

I like collared shirts way better than collard greens

Did the players get due process before their right to wear un-collared shirts and earbuds got stripped from them?!! Where's the outrage?! /s

I can probably count with my fingers the number of times I wore a collared shirt to class in undergrad. Hell, it might not even fill up one hand. That would completely suck.

Top Bottom