Shooter: Despite returning 10 offensive starters, good guess on the Gophers’ football season: A 6-6 finish.

Right now with a fully healthy roster and the kind of depth we have - 6-6 would be a MASSIVE disappointment.

There are scenarios where a 6-6 record would be acceptable after the 2021 season but a number of things would need to go wrong for us to be in that position.

This team was very good in 2019. 2020 was a weird year in so many ways that I think a lot of people have forgotten how good that team was after it got though the slow start to the season. With the experience/depth we have along the O-Line, experience we have at QB, and with one of the best RB in the Nation carrying the ball there is really no reason why our offense should not be one of the best in the conference.

The defense has added a number of pieces and the players have had a normal practice schedule with plenty of time to develop and get ready after being essentially tossed in the deep end in 2020.

It is hard as a Gopher football fan to feel confident heading into a season but just listen to the way Fleck is talking about this team. He expects big things from this group and he is clearly very excited about the roster he has right now.

per Shooter:

Despite returning 10 offensive starters, good guess on the Gophers’ football season: A 6-6 finish, losing to Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin.

Go Gophers!!
In Fleck, we trust. Charley, you are killing me! 😨

No idea.

Wierd 2020 season, plenty of question marks across the league.
My thinking as well. I'd like to think the team will finish better than 6-6 with the most experienced OL in the league, a 4th year QB, one of the best RB's in the nation, an impact transfer on the DL, and a likely high draft pick at DE...but I have no idea. Last year was so weird and so disappointing I need to see something -- anything -- before I'll feel comfortable saying anything at all about Minnesota.

Last edited:

OK, thanks for showing me to hold consistent (and correct opinions). He's got his guys in the now, if he continues to (almost always) lose to Iowa and Wisconsin, his seat will get hot. This season? If he goes 9-3? That's just silly. You're silly.

Top Bottom