Shooter: Despite returning 10 offensive starters, good guess on the Gophers’ football season: A 6-6 finish.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Despite returning 10 offensive starters, good guess on the Gophers’ football season: A 6-6 finish, losing to Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin.

Go Gophers!!

Why does everyone hate us.

This has to be the most pessimistic of the press predictions.

Shooter clearly not one of the leading sports guys in the Twin Cities despite taking a prominent space in the Pioneer Press. Wonder when the Pioneer Press will wise up?

Shooters philosophy in sports writing -- If you can't be good be hated.

I understand it worked for many of our sports writers in this town. Why do research, when all you need is people paying attention.

I’ll take this sort of prediction over the “Anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment.” headline that lets a writer brag that they were right no matter what the final record is. Now the team hopefully can make him eat his words.

The Gophers losing at home to Maryland, the guy has absolutely no clue.

I see 7-5 as more of a floor barring significant injuries. I just can't see us getting swept in the underdog games (OSU, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin) AND dropping both Maryland and Purdue.

I see 7-5 as more of a floor barring significant injuries. I just can't see us getting swept in the underdog games (OSU, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin) AND dropping both Maryland and Purdue.
I see us winning at least one underdog game, and at least a split with Maryland and Purdue. 8-4. Better is a big positive. 6-6 is a disappointment … and Quick Lane Bowl.

What would shitter gain by writing a positive article? They finish at 6-6 or 7-5 and he claims a victory. They finish at 8-4....this garbage is ignored and he writes about how they underachieved again.

Rinse and repeat with clowns like this guy. Once again....I would vote for a ban on links to this guys articles. Why give free clicks to a basher?

Clickbait. Shooter is a poser as far as covering college football goes.

Bulletin board material. This team is deep and talented.

Losing to Iowa and Wisconsin again...goodbye Fleck.

Losing to Iowa and Wisconsin again...goodbye Fleck.
LOL, are you aware that you're insane?

If he does that every year for the next 5 years in a row, there will be talk (regardless of the overall record), but this year? Not a chance.

This is a very reasonable statement, I think, with your injuries caveat as always has to be a footnote.

Win both the Maryland and Purdue games, and go 2-2 against that main group ... it should be a pretty good year. 8 or 9 wins most likely. Colorado and NW I would also put in the same group as Maryland and Purdue.

Miami, BG, Nebraska, and Illinois home games, I would like to think of as "should wins".

A 6-6 season would be a total disappointment for this team with this talent.
6-6 would have me questioning things

of course, if Mo/Tanner get hurt, 6-6 wouldn't be a surprise

if our defense doesn't get fixed, 6-6 is likely and I think we'd need to question our DC

Outside 2019 ... I can't remember a season where we didn't have AT LEAST one 'derp game' where we lost to a team we 'should' have beaten....

Suddenly decades of what has happened every season is just unthinkable to folks, because we avoided it once.

I wish I got better at things like that ;)

Last edited:

Top Bottom