Shatel: Why I'm glad Nebraska didn't qualify for a bowl game off APR like Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shatel:

P.J. Fleck’s crew got the nod because it had the highest APR (992) of the five-win teams.

I’m glad that wasn’t Nebraska.

Yes, Minnesota will get 15 more practices, a bowl game to recruit with and a year from now nobody will care how the Gophers got in postseason.

And maybe they don’t care now.

I get it. But if Nebraska is going to break that bowl streak, it shouldn’t be at 5-7. That feels like backing in. Heck, 6-6 isn’t exactly dancing in either.

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska lost to Minnesota this season. Blubbering wet bags if they actually talk this smack disguised as pouting baby sour grapes.

WOW! Amazing...

I'm old enough to remember when Nebraska was really, really good — and back then they didn't give two shits about academics.

Now they're struggling just to get to a base level of mediocrity... and they still don't give two shits about academics!

Go Big Red!

Nebraska has spent a small fortune on the football complex in recent years (stadium, locker room that a pro team could use) and now they are going to spend half a $billion on more improvements. They shouldn't have trouble pulling in NIL funds - the only game in town. Seven years without a winning season and they still draw 85 to 90k per game.

Just to clarify

14. Minnesota with 988
62. Nebraska with 972

In my caffeine deprived state this morning, I read your post as:
Minnesota 14.988
Nebraska 61.972

And I thought it was like a golf score.
We win at that too.

I generally have had good experiences with Nebraska fans, but it does irritate me they still think they're NCAAF royalty

I generally have had good experiences with Nebraska fans, but it does irritate me they still think they're NCAAF royalty
It's a weird thing, their fans are great, friendlies fans I've ever met.

Their media like all sports media it seems have taken a turn towards being assholes / snarky / and generally non serious.

Just look at the Nebraska fan who lurks around this board. He quite literally thinks he's a god.

Regardless of the arguments of the OP link, there is a semi-valid line of thinking that the meaningless bowl game will take away time from the staff that it could’ve been out recruiting (transfers).

Per Shatel:

P.J. Fleck’s crew got the nod because it had the highest APR (992) of the five-win teams.

I’m glad that wasn’t Nebraska.

Yes, Minnesota will get 15 more practices, a bowl game to recruit with and a year from now nobody will care how the Gophers got in postseason.

And maybe they don’t care now.

I get it. But if Nebraska is going to break that bowl streak, it shouldn’t be at 5-7. That feels like backing in. Heck, 6-6 isn’t exactly dancing in either.

Go Gophers!!
The truth is a high APR would be an embarrassment to Nebraska. No AAU either?

At least it's good to see that these bizarre takes arent limited to only Gopher fans.
IKR? This guy’s premise is basically, “Yeah, our team stinks…but at least they’re not good students like Minnesota.” I’m sure the players at Nebraska would LOVE a bowl game at 5-7 regardless of the mortal ego blow it might be to fans and journalists like this dude. Free swag, a free trip to a place many have never been, and for seniors who aren’t NFL-bound, one final time to play the game you love.

WOW! Amazing...

I'm old enough to remember when Nebraska was really, really good — and back then they didn't give two shits about academics.

Now they're struggling just to get to a base level of mediocrity... and they still don't give two shits about academics!

Go Big Red!
Do realize that most of the good players were thugs that would have been kicked off other schools roster for their behavior. Nebraska kept overlooking all that.

Top Bottom