Shama suggests Gophers should play late season home games at U.S. Bank Stadium

If this happens I’m actually done with gopher football. It won’t. But still.

US Bank Stadium is a charmless corporate hellhole, and the Bank is the best sports venue in the TC. Other than that, great idea.

Disagree about it not being a great place to watch a game- it's a great place to watch a pro game. Bit it should NEVER be used to house a Gopher game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Did we not play once at the bank against South Dakota the Saturday after Thanksgiving? It like 55 and sunny.

A quick scan of the comments on that tweet showed him getting a thorough lashing, as he should. One of the more ridiculous takes I have seen regarding Gopher football.

I would LOVE a neutral site "away" game there however, and I would tolerate (not prefer) a one time late season home game there in the same way Northwestern has wanted to play at Wrigley. Any more than that and I'd be writing letters to the AD.

Yeah...a scan of his tweets shows comments are very few and far between except for this one. Guessing most if not all are from GHers after reading this OP.

IF they did it once (or twice, over a 20 year span), to have the likes of a Notre Dame here, I could handle it.....

If they chose to do it every single season, I think that would officially be the last straw for me & Gopher football.....

Did we not play once at the bank against South Dakota the Saturday after Thanksgiving? It like 55 and sunny.

Was that the time they beat us? I still remember some happy girls on the bus...

Follow the money......

Shama is suggesting the Gophers pay to go play in a domed stadium versus playing free in the stadium that they own.

This is right up there with one of the dumbest suggestions of all time.

Was that the time they beat us? I still remember some happy girls on the bus...

We beat South Dakota State Jackrabbits in mid-November 2009. We lost to South Dakota Coyotes the following September.

TCF is our home, on campus, and we're going to build a culture there as well. US Bank has no part in it.

Dumbest thing I ever heard. Teams used to come into the Metrodome and steamroll us. I want the wind, the rain, the snow, and the cold to play a factor especially late in the year. You are supposed to use this to your advantage. Wear a snowmobile suit and bring a flask and enjoy.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't get Sharma. Seems like he just pulls stories out of the thin air and rolls with it. I'm not enjoying his articles.

I really don't get Sharma. Seems like he just pulls stories out of the thin air and rolls with it. I'm not enjoying his articles.
Sounds like most columnists around here.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

If we would play all our games at 2:30 on Saturday afternoons there would be no mention of indoor games at the Sand Crawler.

Top Bottom