Seventh Woods

That lane violation at 0:33 is amazing. He's too good for the refs, even.

Looking at all of the different jerseys, I wonder if it was some sort of all star game. It's not like the refs actually call anything in those anyways. Those exhibitions were fun as a kid and as a fan.

Thought the thread was golf-related and my first thought was "Why would anyone want that many woods in his bag?" You younger guys all had your mind in the gutter, but I'll admit that my second set of thoughts went in that direction (I better get some of that medication for low testosterone that I see advertised on television). No doubt his scouting report reads that "Woods can penetrate at will."

The thing that floored me is that the kid is listed at 6-1. Huh? I thought he looked like the next LeBron, but at 6-1, 168, he would fit in LeBron's pocket. And then people would inevitably ask LeBron, "Is that Woods in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

I can see it...Seventh Woods Leads All Scorers.

I don't know if anyone else has seen or heard of anything on this kid, but his mixtape has been blowing up on the internet. why? well because the kid is only 14 years old and already has NBA talent!(and he has an awesome name!) Some are saying he is the next LeBron James.

Here is an article from cbssports about seventh woods.
Part of me cringes -- OK, shudders -- to compare a 14-year-old to LeBron James, or perhaps more timely, an 18-year-old like Andrew Wiggins (who's yet to play a college game, no less). But nevertheless, meet Seventh Woods, the latest youngest YouTube-ready basketball to-be star in this country. Yes, his name is Seventh. No, I don't know the origin behind the name just yet. Yes, I'm hoping George Costanza had some sort of role.

The name sounds even better when you see what the kid can do. He just completed his freshman year at Hammond High School (Columbia, SC), where he averaged 19.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.7 steals; he scored 47 two days after last Christmas, and in the same game dished 10 dimes. Woods, who can't even get a driver's permit yet, is listed at 6-foot-1, 165 pounds. He will grow bigger still.

Since he's a member of the class of 2016, many sites (thankfully; patience is OK when it comes to evaluating 14-year-olds) haven't gotten around to ranking those prospects just yet, or at least posting the rankings on the Web. But he is listed as a five-star player by Scout. He will become a very big deal very soon, for better or worse.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...year-old-who-could-be-the-next-andrew-wiggins

here is the video that has taken the internet by storm

Not exactly gopher basketball related but thought others on here might find it interesting. Who knows, maybe Pitino is already after this kid? can't blame a guy for dreaming....

wow, what a player. Bet there will undoubtedly be some ego issues entering college (for good reason).

Hear he's a HUGE UNC fan so Roy would have to do a lot wrong to mess up getting this kid. People throw the Lebron comparisons around way too much. Don't think he's anywhere near the prospect Lebron was. He reminds me more of Russell Westbrook with how explosive he is. I want to see more of this kid though because it's interesting that he's not in the Top 10 in a lot of sites 2016 rankings. Everyone looks good on Youtube.

Hear he's a HUGE UNC fan so Roy would have to do a lot wrong to mess up getting this kid. People throw the Lebron comparisons around way too much. Don't think he's anywhere near the prospect Lebron was. He reminds me more of Russell Westbrook with how explosive he is. I want to see more of this kid though because it's interesting that he's not in the Top 10 in a lot of sites 2016 rankings. Everyone looks good on Youtube.

Interesting, he's essentially a top 30 recruit, after doing a quick google search of 2016 rankings. Amir Coffey is just as good if not better in most 2016 rankings right now.

Seventh Woods committed to North Carolina today.

Seventh Woods committed to North Carolina today.

I guess he will show up a little too late for the free credits fake classes deal at UNC. What is taking so long for their sanctions?

Man, reading this post makes it seem like a tall statue of the kid has already been erected.

Man, reading this post makes it seem like a tall statue of the kid has already been erected.

Yeah....kind of a non-story, but it was interesting to read our comments from a few years ago.

I guess the substance never equated to the hype. Sounds like somebody we know.

Top Bottom