Seven college football coaches under the most pressure entering the 2023 season (Ryan Day, Ohio State)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Ryan Day, Ohio State

Day is in one of the most unique situations in this era. He has lost back-to-back games to rival Michigan, which is simply unacceptable to the Buckeye faithful. However, they have been in the national championship hunt in both of those seasons and came within one missed field goal at the gun away from making the College Football Playoff National Championship last year. His status is utterly bizarre. The Michigan conundrum has to be solved. But, if history repeats itself and the Buckeyes stay in the title hunt, that will certainly give the fan base hope -- especially considering the CFP will expand to 12 teams next season.

Go Gophers!!

It seems odd to say it. But if Ohio state fails to win the big ten or a playoff game again in 2023 he is probably on the hot seat entering 2024. He has to win at least one of those things (which likely means beating Michigan but not necessarily).

If he were to go like 8-4 or worse I could see him getting let go this year.

It seems odd to say it. But if Ohio state fails to win the big ten or a playoff game again in 2023 he is probably on the hot seat entering 2024. He has to win at least one of those things (which likely means beating Michigan but not necessarily).

He'll be gone after the gophs beat them this year :p

If he has 4 losses this year.....he won't last the year.

Idle chatter from CBS to fill the space between the NCAA BB tournament and the start of college FB.
Day is not on the hot seat for losing to MI any more than PJ is for not winning the West.
Both schools know it is very unlikely that they could get better coaches.

Idle chatter from CBS to fill the space between the NCAA BB tournament and the start of college FB.
Day is not on the hot seat for losing to MI any more than PJ is for not winning the West.
Both schools know it is very unlikely that they could get better coaches.
Ryan day is not on the hot seat entering this year.
But at a big program (blue blood) 1 4 or 5 loss season for a guy who hasn’t won a national title yet could be the end
+
At some point 11-2 without a big ten title or national title starts to not be good enough.

People forget that harbaugh was very much on the hot seat as recently as nov 1 2022 (after loss to Michigan state)
If they had lost to Ohio state it may have been the end. Since then, 2 big ten titles and 2 playoff appearances

Say what you want about day. But if harbaugh can be on the hot seat after a 56-23 start at Michigan. I think Ryan day gets another year if 11-2 and no championships.

I don’t think he gets 3 more 11-2 with no championships. And I think he knows that. I think this is day’s last year at Ohio state if he doesn’t win a big ten title. He will have a chance to jump to the nfl and he will take it before it goes away.

Top Bottom