Serious Question: We Still Playing The Badgers?

Was curious to look at WI dominance over the West Division.

48-11 over the last 10 seasons vs the west.

10-0 vs Purdue
9-1 vs Illinois and MN
8-1 vs Nebraska
7-3 vs Iowa
5-5 vs Northwestern

Some would say on this board that WI doesn't have any rivals anymore or Northwestern would be the only one that could claim one.

10-0 vs Purdue
9-1 vs Illinois and MN
8-1 vs Nebraska
7-3 vs Iowa
5-5 vs Northwestern

Some would say on this board that WI doesn't have any rivals anymore or Northwestern would be the only one that could claim one.
Even Iowa must be pretty frustrated with them. This year notwithstanding.

Gophers have 20 offensive Rushing TD's vs Badgers only giving up 1 this year.
#1 Rush Defense in the B1G.
Best Front 7 in the B1G.
Wisconsin has scored 20 points total in the last three games again Northwestern, Indiana, and Iowa. 3 of the other top defenses with Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is due to break out tomorrow unless they just don't care.

After the Gophers beat Georgia Tech 34-10 in the Quick Lane bowl game after the 2018 season, there were a few people here on GopherHole saying it was because "Georgia Tech felt "disrespected" that they drew the Gophers as a bowl opponent"... and thus didn't have their hearts in playing the game.

Earlier that same season, when the Gophers kicked the crap out of Purdue 41-10, some people here at The 'Hole claimed that Purdue "didn't want to be there" — because the weather was crappy that day.

Now it seems Wisconsin has a pre-fab, built-in excuse ready for Saturday's game, if the Gophers — who are big underdogs — happen to beat them: "Well, the Badgers just didn't care."

10-0 vs Purdue
9-1 vs Illinois and MN
8-1 vs Nebraska
7-3 vs Iowa
5-5 vs Northwestern

Wow, my respect to Northwestern. Fitzgerald always has his defense ready to play.

I would love to see Fleck make some inroads into restoring this matchup to real rivalry status. Same goes for the Minnesota-Iowa series.

Gophers have 20 offensive Rushing TD's vs Badgers only giving up 1 this year.
#1 Rush Defense in the B1G.
Best Front 7 in the B1G.
Wisconsin has scored 20 points total in the last three games again Northwestern, Indiana, and Iowa. 3 of the other top defenses with Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is due to break out tomorrow unless they just don't care.
There is no such thing as “due”. Non sequitur.

Wow, my respect to Northwestern. Fitzgerald always has his defense ready to play.

I would love to see Fleck make some inroads into restoring this matchup to real rivalry status. Same goes for the Minnesota-Iowa series.
It’s the most played rivalry in consecutive years in college football to the point the big ten changed its policy to play the game.
If you don’t think it’s a rivalry that’s a you problem

Wisconsin: 2-3 in 2020.

Wisconsin has beaten the two sub-.500 teams they played (Illinois and Michigan).

Wisconsin lost to all three teams they've played who have winning records (Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa).

It’s the most played rivalry in consecutive years in college football to the point the big ten changed its policy to play the game.
If you don’t think it’s a rivalry that’s a you problem

I heard this on the radio, maybe Mike Greenberg?

"A hammer has a relationship with a nail, but you would not characterize that relationship as a rivalry."

Here's my feeling: we need to beat them more often. I know far too many Wisconsin people, and I want my turn to crow a little.

I heard this on the radio, maybe Mike Greenberg?

"A hammer has a relationship with a nail, but you would not characterize that relationship as a rivalry."

Here's my feeling: we need to beat them more often. I know far too many Wisconsin people, and I want my turn to crow a little.
The Wisconsin want to play the game because it’s a rivalry

The Wisconsin want to play the game because it’s a rivalry

Gee, a football team wants to play a game in which it is favored to win. -12.5 current odds.

if Wisconsin was a double-digit underdog, would it be so eager to play?

it's easy to talk about rivalries when you're the team that has won 15 of the last 16 meetings.

Actually looking forward to the game.

After the abysmal start against Meeesheeegan, this one feels like the HC and staff understand this team and vice versa in the covid alternative timeline.

The Gophers trendline is toward improvement. Bukcy has stalled somewhat.

Looking to the Gophers to start in sync in all three phases of the game. Similar to Auburn last year, if we have some misfires early I look for us to shake it off. If that happens, certainly should be competitive.

Go Gophers!

Yep, absolutely. Every Bucky fan I know wanted it.

Some folks say the Badgers really, really want to play us, because it's a rivalry.
Well, if that's true, then there's no chance the Badgers "don't care" about the game. That's a direct contradiction.

Therefore, no one can claim "The Badgers didn't care about the game". That's no longer a viable excuse for a Wisconsin loss. They can't have it both ways.

Gee, a football team wants to play a game in which it is favored to win. -12.5 current odds.

if Wisconsin was a double-digit underdog, would it be so eager to play?

it's easy to talk about rivalries when you're the team that has won 15 of the last 16 meetings.
Well then, the Gophers have lost 15 out of 16 and they seem to be wanting to play. Quite sure it's not just a PJ spin. Rivalry games are what these guys get up for. Ya, we're not favored, but we've got a chance and that's good enough for me and for a hell of a lot of other fans and the players.

Let's cap of this lousy stinking year by beating the stinkin Badgers. Better dead than Red, let's F'n Go and Kick some Badger tails. Go Gophers!

Looking for a good game from the Gophers tomorrow. Guys who don't play very much will be hyped to play this game in particular. I agree though, while I've enjoyed watching the Gophers this year, it has been different not getting overly excited from week to week.

After the Gophers beat Georgia Tech 34-10 in the Quick Lane bowl game after the 2018 season, there were a few people here on GopherHole saying it was because "Georgia Tech felt "disrespected" that they drew the Gophers as a bowl opponent"... and thus didn't have their hearts in playing the game.

Earlier that same season, when the Gophers kicked the crap out of Purdue 41-10, some people here at The 'Hole claimed that Purdue "didn't want to be there" — because the weather was crappy that day.

Now it seems Wisconsin has a pre-fab, built-in excuse ready for Saturday's game, if the Gophers — who are big underdogs — happen to beat them: "Well, the Badgers just didn't care."
UW coaches and players want to play badly. What made you imagine it any other way ! They could opt out.

Top Bottom