Senior send-off

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Though I’m usually very stoic, I do get emotional about senior night (or afternoon in this case). Amir Coffey going pro early changed the vibes surrounding this particular senior send off.

Regardless of their on court accomplishments the seniors have spent a life time playing the game they (and we) love. This is likely the last competitive game for each of them. Those who have played a sport know how difficult this can be.

Did Michael Hurt have a career Gopher career? He did not. But he was excellent academically, showed leadership and was always ready to cheer for teammates. I have seen him talking to/coaching younger players who were on the court in his position. He has carried himself well and I have no doubt he will be successful in life.

Brady Rudrud walked in and gave it his all. He seems to care and sacrificed a normal college experience to not play much. I will miss Brady and I’m sure his teammates will as well.

While technically a senior, Alihan Demir spent only one year here. His contributions were inconsistent but he had some sick YMCA moves. A classic euro big who chose to come here. I hoped for more but wish him the best.

This is not a heralded group but they are all Gophers and I hope they had a great experience.

Nice upandunder. I will be at the game. Hope there is a good crowd. These are good kids.

Very ....very cool to be a senior!!! These guys deserve a good send off

ONE of my favorite days as a Gopher supporter. These men put in one hell of a effort. Bravo.

I thought I was the only one that got emotional on any Senior Day! Sometimes those are hard to watch, due to the emotions from the Seniors and their families.

Nice post. I agree. Sometimes we get caught up in the emotions of winning and losing and forget these are kids/young men trying their best. They deserve support. Good luck to them on their next step in life.

I always like it when the seniors get to start the game. Not sure how many saw it but Brady Rudrud was featured on the Gameday program for the game against Maryland. It was a nice reflection on his time as a Gopher player and student athlete. Nice kid.

Top Bottom